Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #1368
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: easiest/best iac solution" Previous topic | Next topic
TeamXtremeRSSep-25-05 03:54 PM
Member since May 20th 2003
6329 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1396, "RE: easiest/best iac solution"
In response to In response to 7

Originally posted by MCubed45
other than warmup is there really any reason to even need a means of controlling the IAC if you have a set volume of air getting to the engine? i know the stock ECU likes to fiddle with it a lot and run various diagnostics... but if you can get your idle rpm set appropriately with some sort of bleed valve (or keeping the throttle plate from closing copmetley like xtreme said) then it's just a matter of getting increased airflow for warmup, right? there's not really a need for actual IAC control persay, right?

Well this can be subjective to a point..just depends on what you really want out of the setup. If you want it to be perfectly like stock, then you will need more than just extra air at warmup. I've noticed with my setup, that when revving the engine, or just coming to a stop, the rpm will drop below idle speed-kinda like the motor wanting to die out, although not that severe- and if you have A/C and want to use it, it may drop your idle speed too low. This means you will have to run prob close to 1000 rpm idle speed, which is really what i'm running about now. So basically, the MS will never have the smootheness of the stock ECU and IAC, but we can get it pretty close if you are willing to deal with these few issues.

13.5 @108 MPH-2.2 60ft(stupid FWD!)
S16G @ 18 PSI/FMIC/Running on MegaSquirt II (Now with sequential
fuel injection)

My webpage: http://eclipsed4evr.home.comcast.net
-1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-T- "Toy"
-1992 Plymouth Laser Turbo AWD(SOLD)
-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

easiest/best iac solution [View all] , rs-pssst, Sep-20-05 10:20 AM
  RE: easiest/best iac solution, Teamner947, Sep-20-05 12:38 PM, #1
RE: easiest/best iac solution, rs-pssst, Sep-21-05 02:12 AM, #2
      RE: easiest/best iac solution, MCubed45, Sep-21-05 02:28 AM, #3
           RE: easiest/best iac solution, rs-pssst, Sep-21-05 05:43 AM, #4
                RE: easiest/best iac solution, Teamner947, Sep-21-05 12:33 PM, #5
                     RE: easiest/best iac solution, TeamXtremeRS, Sep-21-05 01:14 PM, #6
                          RE: easiest/best iac solution, MCubed45, Sep-21-05 03:33 PM, #7
                               RE: easiest/best iac solution, Teamner947, Sep-22-05 03:19 PM, #8
                               RE: easiest/best iac solution, TeamXtremeRS, Sep-25-05 03:54 PM #9
                                    RE: easiest/best iac solution, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Sep-25-05 10:54 PM, #10

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #1368 Previous topic | Next topic