Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #1203
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: MegaSquirt Ver.3.0. Install" Previous topic | Next topic
ForceFedAug-28-05 09:05 PM
Member since Oct 09th 2003
153 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1230, "RE: MegaSquirt Ver.3.0. Install"
In response to In response to 4
Aug-28-05 09:06 PM by ForceFed

I'll just install both R37 and Rr38 since I got mines from glensgarage. If it's an extra protection I'll do it.

The second paragraph, that got me confused. If it makes it any easier to run external modules such as the 4G63 transistors I mind as well go in that direction. However those are the ignition modules right? Same ones that can be acquired from junkyards? Since I'm going in that direction what do you suggest I do w/ Q16 and R43?

On your third paragraph pertaining to the waveform generators? Where on earth am I going to start w/ that one?! How or what is the 420A Decoder? Is that a code that needs to be integrated to the code for MegaTune? And if it is, what version of MT are you talking about?

I'm sorry for sounding like I was born yesterday but only way to learn is hands on. I appreciate your time.

Originally posted by ner947
Build up just about everything... R37 and R38 are optional, they are sort of expensive and not really needed. The only reason they are there is to offer protection if you short the injector wires to something. If you choose not to use them a 14 or 16 gauge wire installed as a jumper will work fine.

Q16 (a VB921 transistor) and R43 are only used for people with single coil pack setups, like a V8 with a distributor. I don't have those populated on my board. If you want to run spark and not use an external module like a MSD box or a 4G63 transistor you will need to have 2 VB921's wired up in the proto area with a good heat sink.

I didn’t really elaborate about the 2 resistors in my previous post because I was on my PDA... If you are going to use the VR circuit you will need to use the "VROUTINV" setting. Those two blue variable resistors will need a bit of tweaking of the zero crossing point and the hysteresis to get the CPU to see the crank angle signal. I used an arbitrary waveform generator set to make a square wave at 0-5 volts simulating a real crank angle sensor to get it perfect, but not many people will have access to such a device. Although if you hook your MS to the stimulator (a 0-12 volt square wave), enable the 420A decoder, and enable "Stim for wheel" in MT with 2 steps per output, play with one resistor until the RPM's drop to 0, then back off a turn or two, then do the same with the other resistor. This seems to work just about as well as hooking the board to a real 0-5 volt signal.

When is the money spending going to stop on this fucking car?!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

MegaSquirt Ver.3.0. Install [View all] , ForceFed, Aug-27-05 07:10 PM
  RE: MegaSquirt Ver.3.0. Install, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Aug-27-05 09:54 PM, #1
RE: MegaSquirt Ver.3.0. Install, Teamner947, Aug-28-05 09:39 AM, #2
RE: MegaSquirt Ver.3.0. Install, ForceFed, Aug-28-05 12:26 PM, #3
      RE: MegaSquirt Ver.3.0. Install, Teamner947, Aug-28-05 07:57 PM, #4
           RE: MegaSquirt Ver.3.0. Install, ForceFed, Aug-28-05 09:05 PM #5
                RE: MegaSquirt Ver.3.0. Install, Teamner947, Aug-29-05 08:06 AM, #6
                     RE: MegaSquirt Ver.3.0. Install, ForceFed, Aug-30-05 03:14 PM, #7
                          RE: MegaSquirt Ver.3.0. Install, ForceFed, Sep-02-05 10:45 PM, #8

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #1203 Previous topic | Next topic