Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #1163
View in linear mode

Subject: "Need confirmation, and some questions...." Previous topic | Next topic
gilee_8Aug-13-05 05:54 AM
Member since Jun 11th 2002
1441 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1163, "Need confirmation, and some questions...."

Sup guys.
After spending the last few days reading all the post here concerning the megasquirt, I have some questions....

First of, my car's fuel system is really out of hand.
Ever since I rebuilt my engine, my car's EGT is going NUTZ.
I thought I tune it ok. (in local my EGT don't go higher then 1472F.
But yesterday when I go to Highway. My EGT is NUTZ again, and I guess coz my EGT is constantly in the 15xx range, my coolant shoot to 230-240F. that's NUTZ!

Do you guys think Megasquirt can solve my problem? (remember, all the above issue happen to me EVEN I never boost my car)

Ok, I current have 31lb injectors, Walbro 255, SFMU, a 1995 eclipse, with missing link.

From what I read, I might prolly want to upgrade my injectors since megasquirt can return the static PSI to normal (43PSI), I can also keep my walbro. But how bout SFMU? do I use it? coz some people said using a regulator 1:1 FPR is what is needed. so do I use a SFMU?

Also, alot of people said they add a resistor and diode on their MAP sensor to fool the ECU, so do I still need my missing link as well?

Lastly, I believe I cannot buy it from Mr.Slick, so I guess I will just go get a unassemble kit and built it myself, but then those kit is not specificly designed for 420A Eclipse correct?

And from all the reading here, everyone uses the MS 2.2.
So if I buy now, I prefer to get MS v3, is that still the same? since it uses C code instead of assembly, can I still get things done or alot more complicated?

Thanks all!
I need to get some insight, because now, my car is NOT DRIVABLE!
I cannot even drive to fedex yesterday (10 miles away on highway) it took me 1.4 hrs coz I have to slow down to 30mph.....
Gil

~~~~~~~~Modification~~~~~~~~
Performance: MegaSquirt v3.0 Fuel & Spark, 8.6:1 JE piston, Eagle Long Rods, SPEC III Clutch, EVOIII B16G, FMIC, Aeromotive 1:1 FPR, Walbro 255HP, 680cc Injectors, 2.5" DP, 3" Magnaflow Cat, 3.5" Greddy EVO CatBack, Greddy Electronic EGT,FUEL,BOOST,A/F gauges...
Interior: Racing Seats, Metallic Interior, 15-Speakers System, Keyless, Dynomat Insulated, Neons...
Exterior: 1999 Body with turbo wing, Halo Projector Headlight, 4300K HID, 17" Mille Rims, GSX Calipers...
Coming Soon: Water Injection, Redo Undercarriage, Repaint Exterior

$240 For New Complete GSX Calipers Kit (Calipers, Bracket, Shim, Pad, Bolts, etc) Email Me If Interested!

1995 RED Eclipse GS-'T': Stage VI 20PSI
2010 Audi S5 Quattro

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Need confirmation, and some questions.... [View all] , gilee_8, Aug-13-05 05:54 AM
  RE: Need confirmation, and some questions...., Teamner947, Aug-13-05 09:10 PM, #1
RE: Need confirmation, and some questions...., AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Aug-14-05 05:50 AM, #2
RE: Need confirmation, and some questions...., gilee_8, Aug-14-05 05:58 AM, #4
RE: Need confirmation, and some questions...., gilee_8, Aug-14-05 05:55 AM, #3
      RE: Need confirmation, and some questions...., RxR_Eclipse, Aug-16-05 04:22 AM, #5
           RE: Need confirmation, and some questions...., MCubed45, Sep-08-05 03:05 PM, #6
                RE: Need confirmation, and some questions...., Teamdougie2, Sep-08-05 05:10 PM, #7

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #1163 Previous topic | Next topic