Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #1008
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: wont hold idle....common mistakes w/ engine rebuild and MSnS" Previous topic | Next topic
AdministratorStar Turbo TalonJun-26-05 05:17 PM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1012, "RE: wont hold idle....common mistakes w/ engine rebuild and MSnS"
In response to In response to 3
Jun-26-05 05:18 PM by Star Turbo Talon

Ok well I have the 550 injectors and the idle should not be too hard to achieve, keep in mind i have about 20 hours here and there of adjusting idle only to find the best combo. I spent a whole week working on the idle before i dropped the new motor in.

Dino is on the right track. since you installed the MS and motor at the same time then run the motor through break in on the factory Fuel. Breaking inthe motor while trying to tune is a real bad idea. You will have a lot of time tied up in the idle and the consequence will be a motor brokenin by idling forever.

On that motor what is your vaccuum?

Good idea working on fuel only first, its the best way.

This shouldnt be too hard just time consuming
Terry

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

wont hold idle....common mistakes w/ engine rebuild and MSnS [View all] , White97rs, Jun-25-05 06:31 PM
  RE: wont hold idle....common mistakes w/ engine rebuild and MSnS, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Jun-25-05 10:47 PM, #1
RE: wont hold idle....common mistakes w/ engine rebuild and MSnS, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Jun-25-05 11:29 PM, #2
RE: wont hold idle....common mistakes w/ engine rebuild and MSnS, White97rs, Jun-26-05 11:15 AM, #3
RE: wont hold idle....common mistakes w/ engine rebuild and MSnS, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Jun-26-05 05:17 PM #4
      RE: wont hold idle....common mistakes w/ engine rebuild and MSnS, White97rs, Jun-28-05 04:39 AM, #5

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #1008 Previous topic | Next topic