Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 3 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #3111
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: MSnS reliablity questions/ set up questions." Previous topic | Next topic
TeamXtremeRSApr-09-07 03:53 AM
Member since May 20th 2003
6329 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3118, "RE: MSnS reliablity questions/ set up questions."
In response to In response to 4

Building, installing, and tuning a Megasquirt system can be quite overwhelming at first. It's good that you want a shop that knows the system to tune it,but if this is going to be a dialy driver,then you really need to inform and educate yourself on every aspect of the MS. It makes it just that much easier to tune and adjust things here and there, yourself. Read all you can on msefi.com, the megamanual, anything you can to learn. Read it over as many times as it takes for it to make sense. You really have to put forth the effort to learn, as the MS can be complicated for beginners in engine management/fuel injection/and tuning. My MS have never left me stranded either. It's all in the actual build of the MS, and in the install. If it's done properly, not rushed, and made with good connections, it will be very reliable. I've taken my MS'd eclipse all over the place, from Michigan to IL, Michigan to Ohio at the Shootout, and the longest drive i've made with it so far is roughly a 5 hour drive, to and from each way, without a single issue. Like stated above, there is plenty of help here and at msefi.com to get you started and to inform, so learn all you can, and have at it! The MS is really a great, economical tuning computer. You will either love it if you figure it all out and understand it, or hate it if you dont understand it..

13.5 @108 MPH-2.2 60ft(stupid FWD!)
S16G @ 18 PSI/FMIC/Running on MegaSquirt II (Now with sequential
fuel injection)

My webpage: http://eclipsed4evr.home.comcast.net
-1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-T- "Toy"
-1992 Plymouth Laser Turbo AWD(SOLD)
-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

MSnS reliablity questions/ set up questions. [View all] , tbone, Apr-08-07 03:23 AM
  RE: MSnS reliablity questions/ set up questions., AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Apr-08-07 07:30 AM, #1
RE: MSnS reliablity questions/ set up questions., tbone, Apr-08-07 07:54 AM, #2
      RE: MSnS reliablity questions/ set up questions., VelocitaPaola, Apr-08-07 07:31 PM, #3
           RE: MSnS reliablity questions/ set up questions., tbone, Apr-09-07 01:27 AM, #4
                RE: MSnS reliablity questions/ set up questions., TeamXtremeRS, Apr-09-07 03:53 AM #5
                     RE: MSnS reliablity questions/ set up questions., Moderatorbullettdsm, Apr-09-07 09:34 AM, #6
                          RE: MSnS reliablity questions/ set up questions., tbone, Apr-09-07 12:05 PM, #7

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #3111 Previous topic | Next topic