Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #3111
View in linear mode

Subject: "MSnS reliablity questions/ set up questions." Previous topic | Next topic
tboneApr-08-07 03:23 AM
Member since Mar 28th 2006
103 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3111, "MSnS reliablity questions/ set up questions."
Apr-08-07 03:28 AM by tbone

I have been reading about this until my eyes have bled. Im still learning so please bare with me.

I am going to be putting my new engine in my car soon and I am concidering a MSnS for it. Its a built motor with turbo. To get the full potential out of my motor, I realize I would need to have a stand alone system. I have two major concerns. One being that I know almost nothing about tuning a car. I have talked to a shop that is very knowlagable with the megasquirt system and they are willing to work with me. My other concern is reliablity. Once tuned what should I expect? What is my reliablity going to be with a MSnS? I dont want to have to drive around with a laptop constantly messing with parameters.

I use this car daily and I need to have it reliable. What can you guys recomend for my set up. What would you think is the best MSnS for my application? What board/ software/ect?

Initally I plan on running about 18-20 psi, so I need to know what supporting mods I would need aswell. I plan on tunning both fuel and spark on the MSnS.

As for my motor.
8.8:1 JE forged w/.020"
Eagle rods
+1MM valves
Mild port on the head
60 trim turbo

I am still running stock cams and no cam gears (for now) I am running out of money. I need to sure up a fuel system, my head gasket is junk (oil in coolant) and I need to swap motors soon. I would rather get the turbo in and as opposed to running the built block and installing the turbo later.

98 RS 5spd.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

MSnS reliablity questions/ set up questions. [View all] , tbone, Apr-08-07 03:23 AM
  RE: MSnS reliablity questions/ set up questions., AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Apr-08-07 07:30 AM, #1
RE: MSnS reliablity questions/ set up questions., tbone, Apr-08-07 07:54 AM, #2
      RE: MSnS reliablity questions/ set up questions., VelocitaPaola, Apr-08-07 07:31 PM, #3
           RE: MSnS reliablity questions/ set up questions., tbone, Apr-09-07 01:27 AM, #4
                RE: MSnS reliablity questions/ set up questions., TeamXtremeRS, Apr-09-07 03:53 AM, #5
                     RE: MSnS reliablity questions/ set up questions., Moderatorbullettdsm, Apr-09-07 09:34 AM, #6
                          RE: MSnS reliablity questions/ set up questions., tbone, Apr-09-07 12:05 PM, #7

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #3111 Previous topic | Next topic