Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #92420
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: Acc. Belt Squeelin" Previous topic | Next topic
TalontaxiAug-24-05 02:06 PM
Member since Jul 14th 2004
201 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#92578, "RE: Acc. Belt Squeelin"
In response to In response to 7

Originally posted by 95EclipseGS n FL
I knew i was at the right place...the car has some serious rust inside the engine bay. The belts looked factory and were very worn . The one on the crank and alt is a Denso... I dont know the other...i have to look. I actually ended up buying the Dayco belt i had no idea what it was just looked better. Yeah i did downshift it and thats when it happened. I was more worried about what the belt hit when it flew off. I noticed the black part on one of the ac lines was ripped off and i smelt coolant in the enginebay...saw just a tad bit but cant find were it is coming from. It also looked as if the belt was running at a slight angle like something is old and ready to go... Also whats this double clutching rev matching thing...would that be pressing the clutch in reving it high and letting it go in the same gear??? I know this downshifting bit is kinda of rough on the car.

Double clutching and heel toe braking are to different things, you don't need to double clutch since you have these amazing things called synchros in your gear box, as for heel toe braking its definatly easier on your car. Search the subject and you'll find lots of info. In our cars with my size 12 boots on I find it easier to brake with one side of my foot and tap the gas with the other half, I can't do it the same way with bare feet though. It depends how big your feet are as to how it would be easiest to do it, just don't try and do it your first time in traffic otherwise you could very well hit someone.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Acc. Belt Squeelin [View all] , 95EclipseGS n FL, Aug-18-05 09:03 AM
  RE: Acc. Belt Squeelin, joeck76, Aug-18-05 09:08 AM, #1
RE: Acc. Belt Squeelin, midnitetill678, Aug-18-05 06:01 PM, #2
      RE: Acc. Belt Squeelin, silverarrow, Aug-19-05 07:10 PM, #3
           RE: Acc. Belt Squeelin, Talontaxi, Aug-21-05 04:20 PM, #4
                RE: Acc. Belt Squeelin, SPL_Eclipse, Aug-21-05 08:45 PM, #5
                     RE: Acc. Belt Squeelin, ForceFed, Aug-23-05 10:52 AM, #6
                          RE: Acc. Belt Squeelin, 95EclipseGS n FL, Aug-24-05 07:02 AM, #7
                               RE: Acc. Belt Squeelin, Talontaxi, Aug-24-05 02:06 PM #8
                                    F&F cited regarding technical driving question! Dude that's hot!, silverarrow, Aug-26-05 08:35 AM, #9
                                    RE: Acc. Belt Squeelin, 95EclipseGS n FL, Sep-14-05 06:57 AM, #10

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #92420 Previous topic | Next topic