Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #67619
View in linear mode

Subject: "theory: easy way to really supercharge the 420a" Previous topic | Next topic
alain95i4Jan-31-04 07:54 AM
Member since Jan 28th 2002
794 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#67619, "theory: easy way to really supercharge the 420a"

it's just hasn't been done yet but

first you buy a small twin screw type supercharger and the best candidate for this is the IHI supercharger found on the Mazda millenia with the Miller Cycle v6 engine

that one belongs to our member McGyvr

next you built a sheet metal box that will sit on top of the lower half of the intake manifold, just like Wheatking did when he played with dual TB last year

this supercharger is narrow enought to sit on top of such a box, since the outlet of the supercharger is on the bottom it will blow ring in the lower intake manifold, the tb goes right on the supercharger too in the end of the SC, the pic is dark we don't see much I'll try to get a better one later

now pulley, you take your alternator and your sc to a machine shop and you ask for a double belt pulley instead of a single belt one, both pulley should have the same diameter for ease of installation

last thing is a belt tensionner for the SC , not really hard to do, like you take a timming belt idler pulley, bolt it on plate attached to then engine with a moving screw to tight it

of course there's no intercooler, but because of the efficiency of the SC to compress air , the air is a lot cooler than on a turbo, if you want more psi, try a water injection system like the aquamist

the car would need fuel supply just like a turbo. usual ford #30 , sfmu egt gauge etc

Alain

one of the 2.4 true pionners

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

theory: easy way to really supercharge the 420a [View all] , alain95i4, Jan-31-04 07:54 AM
  RE: theory: easy way to really supercharge the 420a, Dualgen2, Jan-31-04 08:29 AM, #1
RE: theory: easy way to really supercharge the 420a, alain95i4, Jan-31-04 10:00 AM, #2
RE: theory: easy way to really supercharge the 420a, euro_clipse, Jan-31-04 10:03 AM, #3
      RE: theory: easy way to really supercharge the 420a, TeamMichael_97RS, Feb-01-04 04:57 AM, #4
           RE: theory: easy way to really supercharge the 420a, lickscissors, Feb-01-04 01:25 PM, #5
                RE: theory: easy way to really supercharge the 420a, alain95i4, Feb-01-04 02:38 PM, #6

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #67619 Previous topic | Next topic