Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #133524
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: Misfire seems completely random" Previous topic | Next topic
red_vengance23Apr-03-11 11:59 AM
Member since Jan 27th 2006
20 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#133660, "RE: Misfire seems completely random"
In response to In response to 7

Well an update as of the last few days, I have still not figured it out but have tried a few more things.

Smoke tested the intake manifold, unable to produce any results since eventually the smoke comes out the oil cap and the pcv hose and ends up everywhere but in the few seconds before it did that nothing was comeing from where it shouldn't. Pulled injectors out again and checked the spray pattern of this set and they look very nice, while they were out I stuck the boroscope down the ports again and could not see anything obstructing the spray pattern. Hooked the car up to the DRBIII yesterday and found out just what the PCM is thinking, Which is nothing short of logical, 190 - 202 degree coolant temps, 80 degree intake temps and the MAP is within 1 in hg of the mechanical boost gauge that I put in it to monitor, O2 sensor is bouncing around which is good and the fuel trims are not far out of whack at all which I was very surpised and kind of dissapointed to see, I would have thought that it was running lean since I do not smell any fuel when it starts missing. I put a fuel pressure gauge on and ducktaped it to the windshield for the drive home, It is not fluid filled so it jitters some but never went below 50psi and sat around 55 mostly. So the computer is not finding anything wrong with its inputs and the fuel pressure is not dropping out when it starts missing which I was hoping to see. That leads me back to the outputs, which means tearing into the harness since the coil, wires, and injectors are all from a running car.

'97 Dodge Avenger
'94 Eale Talon AWD
'91 Saab 9000

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Misfire seems completely random [View all] , red_vengance23, Mar-27-11 09:34 PM
  RE: Misfire seems completely random, red_vengance23, Mar-28-11 09:03 PM, #1
RE: Misfire seems completely random, halfasss101, Mar-30-11 02:20 AM, #2
      RE: Misfire seems completely random, red_vengance23, Mar-30-11 12:01 PM, #3
RE: Misfire seems completely random, RoninEclipse2G, Mar-30-11 03:53 PM, #4
RE: Misfire seems completely random, red_vengance23, Mar-30-11 05:22 PM, #5
      RE: Misfire seems completely random, RoninEclipse2G, Mar-30-11 09:57 PM, #6
           RE: Misfire seems completely random, red_vengance23, Mar-31-11 06:35 AM, #7
                RE: Misfire seems completely random, red_vengance23, Apr-03-11 11:59 AM #8

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #133524 Previous topic | Next topic