Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #132775
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: igntion switch theory?" Previous topic | Next topic
streetlightningDec-27-10 02:15 AM
Member since Mar 19th 2004
778 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#132808, "RE: igntion switch theory?"
In response to In response to 4
Dec-27-10 03:11 AM by streetlightning

OK.. by ecu YOU mean what? stock ecu, i dont have one..there fore ASD realy is gone, since my MS stuff requires their own relays.

ms/Coil are on thier own relay, Injectors are on their own relay, fielding wire for VR own relay, fans own relay, fuel pump own relay. all are triggerd off the black/white stripe Ig wire (except FP since its a (-) trigger from the MS).
now, i have all these UNPLUGGED, as to remove any conffusion..
Grounds: All sensor and MS grounds are grounded to the same place, this is the same as the block ground. shaved paint yadaya, its the same ground used when car ran.

Ms related relays: ran to same ground on chassis. again shaved paint.

i wired it up the standard stand alone way.. i just left all the ms details out b/c well its not hooked up, as to verify the stock stuff worked, thats when i found this issue. Im not trying to start the car , i know it wont start b/c i have the ms, and FP relays out : )

I was merely testing the stock headlight and tail light wiring, they work. The issue is when i have key in and in the run postion the dam thing smokes, and the wrong voltages are displayed.

BC i was givin u shit lol, calm down.. lol

as stated before the car ran just fine, the only thing i did was take the unsed relays (stock fan, ac ect) out and wire in the MS stuff into the stock fuse box for a clean look..

heres how i have the ig setup..stock, b/c i didnt touch it.
whats odd, is it smokes when the 30A fuse isnt even in...so im not sure where its drawing its power?

is 60A too much for just running Ig,, since that used to support power for ac and fans, which it no longer does

theres a white black wire coming from the bundle in the drive side fender harness, this goes to the 12v /60a side as well.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

igntion switch theory? [View all] , streetlightning, Dec-23-10 10:49 PM
  RE: igntion switch theory?, Black Cotton, Dec-23-10 11:42 PM, #1
RE: igntion switch theory?, streetlightning, Dec-24-10 09:59 AM, #2
      RE: igntion switch theory?, Black Cotton, Dec-25-10 12:36 AM, #3
           RE: igntion switch theory?, Moderatorbullettdsm, Dec-25-10 03:40 AM, #4
                RE: igntion switch theory?, streetlightning, Dec-27-10 02:15 AM #5
                     RE: igntion switch theory?, streetlightning, Dec-27-10 09:46 PM, #6
                          RE: igntion switch theory?, streetlightning, Dec-29-10 12:19 PM, #7
                               RE: igntion switch theory?, streetlightning, Dec-29-10 04:49 PM, #8
                                    RE: igntion switch theory?, Moderatorbullettdsm, Dec-29-10 05:52 PM, #9
                                         RE: igntion switch theory?, streetlightning, Dec-30-10 12:28 AM, #10

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #132775 Previous topic | Next topic