Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #108913
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: Hydrogen generators?" Previous topic | Next topic
JustOneSep-14-08 06:19 PM
Old School 2GNTer
1278 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#110030, "RE: Hydrogen generators?"
In response to In response to 5

I know this is an older post but I need to clarify for those who need it.

Water injection is just that, water injection. You are injecting water/methanol through an injector or nozzle at higher psi creating a mist/vapor that is mixing with your air/fuel. Nothing special and everyone knows what the process is, applications are and the reasons for using and injection system.

Now here is the clarification.

Hydrogen injection has nothing to do with water injection. Hydrogen injection utilizes brute force electrolysis to break the covalent bold between the hydrogen and oxygen atoms. These gases are pulled out (together) and sent into your intake in gas form not vaporized water.

Hydrogen is a combustible fuel that does burn in current internal combustion engines without any modification to the engine itself. (The electronics are a different story)

Hydrogen has something like 5 times more energy potential than gasoline and can be mixed with your gasoline/air mixture. As long as you take the appropriate steps to lean out your fuel trim you will yield a much higher mpg. As we all know our stock ecu is programmed to run NA and on gasoline. When you run the hydrogen/oxygen through the engine your o2 will read a lean condition and add more fuel. This condition will create a lower mpg average unless you fool the o2 or map to lean the fuel trim.

These systems do not store hydrogen in any tanks. The gas is produced on demand, when the car is not running the cell contains only water.

These types of systems are nothing new and have been around for awhile. There are people who say “no they don’t work or it’s a scam” And for those people all that can be said is do your homework.

I run these systems in two daily drivers, a Honda Civic and a Mazda 6. I have been able to get both vehicles well past the 50% mpg increase. In addition I have been installing one in my Eclipse, not for mpg gains, but for power gains. The nice part about my using one in my Eclipse is that I don’t need to worry about leaning out the fuel map because my goals are not to achieve higher mpg. I have not finished the install and have other issues to fix before I can fully test the combo of hydrogen and turbo but it should be fun! I get a little grin just thinking about the potential energy from forced induction and Hydrogen.

Anyway I know I may have perked your interest.

Brian

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Hydrogen generators? [View all] , cadencerecords, Jun-10-08 10:54 AM
  RE: Hydrogen generators?, RoninEclipse2G, Jun-10-08 11:25 AM, #1
RE: Hydrogen generators?, Hedge, Jun-10-08 11:52 AM, #2
RE: Hydrogen generators?, RoninEclipse2G, Jun-10-08 12:14 PM, #3
      RE: Hydrogen generators?, foggy45, Jun-10-08 05:35 PM, #4
RE: Hydrogen generators?, TeamDR1665, Jun-11-08 01:48 PM, #5
      RE: Hydrogen generators?, JustOne, Sep-14-08 06:19 PM #6
           RE: Hydrogen generators?, ez, Sep-16-08 05:23 PM, #7
                RE: Hydrogen generators?, freelancefool, Sep-17-08 01:31 PM, #8
                     RE: Hydrogen generators?, JustOne, Sep-17-08 04:08 PM, #9
                          RE: Hydrogen generators?, fullmoon, Sep-17-08 06:19 PM, #10
                          RE: Hydrogen generators?, Tuxdreamerx, Sep-17-08 06:25 PM, #11
                          RE: Hydrogen generators?, freelancefool, Sep-17-08 06:37 PM, #12
                               RE: Hydrogen generators?, JustOne, Sep-17-08 07:51 PM, #13
                                    RE: Hydrogen generators?, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Sep-22-08 03:06 AM, #14
                                    RE: Hydrogen generators?, ez, Sep-22-08 05:16 AM, #15
                                         RE: Hydrogen generators?, JustOne, Sep-24-08 06:59 PM, #16
                                              RE: Hydrogen generators?, VelocitaPaola, Sep-24-08 09:21 PM, #17
                                                   RE: Hydrogen generators?, JustOne, Sep-25-08 06:48 AM, #18
                                                        RE: Hydrogen generators?, VelocitaPaola, Sep-25-08 07:07 AM, #19
                                                             RE: Hydrogen generators?, justins71, Sep-25-08 04:47 PM, #20
                                                                  RE: Hydrogen generators?, freelancefool, Sep-25-08 06:14 PM, #21
                                                                       RE: Hydrogen generators?, KnightHawk434th, Sep-26-08 07:27 PM, #22
                                                                            RE: Hydrogen generators?, VelocitaPaola, Sep-26-08 07:56 PM, #23
                                                                                 RE: Hydrogen generators?, KnightHawk434th, Sep-26-08 08:30 PM, #24
                                                                                      RE: Hydrogen generators?, JustOne, Sep-27-08 06:02 AM, #25
                                                                                           RE: Hydrogen generators?, VelocitaPaola, Sep-27-08 06:45 AM, #26
                                                                                                RE: Hydrogen generators?, KnightHawk434th, Sep-27-08 01:23 PM, #27
                                                                                                     RE: Hydrogen generators?, VelocitaPaola, Sep-27-08 02:07 PM, #28
                                                                                                          RE: Hydrogen generators?, KnightHawk434th, Sep-28-08 03:54 PM, #29

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #108913 Previous topic | Next topic