Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #98150
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: Update! Still no start after new ECU, I am getting pissed now." Previous topic | Next topic
eclipse982nrRSTMay-02-06 11:36 AM
Member since Mar 16th 2004
6314 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#98390, "RE: Update! Still no start after new ECU, I am getting pissed now."
In response to In response to 61

Originally posted by XtremeRS
Take your test light and probe the 12volt wire on the coilpack harness. Watch this light as you are cranking. It should remain steady lit. I dont know if you have tried this yet, but did you use a new ASD relay? Try jumping the relay socket if you have a flickering 12volt signal at the coilpack. Just because the scanner says its got ASD reading, doesnt mean the relay is sending out power. The scanner is just saying the ECU is sending the ASD ground signal to the relay. Also, your LED test on the trigger wires, will sometimes only flash when there is 12 volts on the center wire. UPDATE: YOu know i just thought of something while looking over the schematics.. Has your speedometer worked before? Any issues with it? There are 3 sensors that share the ECU 5 volt reference signal which is the yelllow wire, that goes to the crank, cam, and speed sensors. I've seen instances where the speed sensor can short out, and this sends the 5v ECU power signal to shut down during the short. Try this, unplug your speed sensor, and check the wireing, and then just leave it unplugged. Now try and crank the engine, and see what happens..This could be why your gettign intermitent cam and crank signals..Be VERY suspect of that yellow 5 volt wire. Check that wire by all those 3 sensors, and all the way back to the ECU. There is a junction for that yellow wire, not sure where it is, but one yellow comes out of the ECU, to a junction, which from there goes to each of those sensors. Even the smallest short to ground can cause this issue, or a small break in the wire. YOu want to test for 5 volts on the yelllow wire at the crank and cam sensors as well, DURING crank to verifiy an issue on the yellow wire.

For the first paragraph you wrote:
I did indeed had the test light hooked up to the middle terminal while cranking, and it stays lit the whole time. With the key on, when I probe the wire, I hear the ASD relay clicking, and yes I replaced both the ASD relays already.

For the update:
I pulled the whole harness out and checked for breaks/shorts and found nothing. I will try to unplug that sensor and see what happens tomorrow. To my knowledge, I have not had any probs with the speedo sensor lately, but I was not paying attention to it really since all that hapened.

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Still no start after new ECU, I am getting pissed now. [View all] , eclipse982nrRST, Apr-24-06 03:32 PM
  RE: Still no start after new ECU, I am getting pissed now., dmt111701, Apr-24-06 03:49 PM, #1
RE: Still no start after new ECU, I am getting pissed now., eclipse982nrRST, Apr-24-06 03:57 PM, #2
      RE: Still no start after new ECU, I am getting pissed now., Quadman313, Apr-24-06 04:12 PM, #3
           RE: Still no start after new ECU, I am getting pissed now., dmt111701, Apr-24-06 04:21 PM, #4
           RE: Still no start after new ECU, I am getting pissed now., djtrickee, Apr-24-06 06:02 PM, #5
           RE: Still no start after new ECU, I am getting pissed now., eclipse982nrRST, Apr-25-06 12:55 AM, #6
                RE: Still no start after new ECU, I am getting pissed now., eclipse982nrRST, Apr-25-06 12:56 AM, #7
                     RE: Still no start after new ECU, I am getting pissed now., freddy_00_69, Apr-25-06 02:25 AM, #8
                          RE: Still no start after new ECU, I am getting pissed now., eclipse982nrRST, Apr-25-06 03:52 AM, #9
                               RE: Still no start after new ECU, I am getting pissed now., Blizare, Apr-25-06 04:03 AM, #10
                                    RE: Still no start after new ECU, I am getting pissed now., eclipse982nrRST, Apr-25-06 06:56 AM, #11
                                         RE: Still no start after new ECU, I am getting pissed now., eclipse982nrRST, Apr-25-06 07:40 AM, #12
                                              RE: Still no start after new ECU, I am getting pissed now., freddy_00_69, Apr-25-06 08:43 AM, #13
                                                   RE: Still no start after new ECU, I am getting pissed now., cougar694u, Apr-25-06 08:58 AM, #14
           RE: Still no start after new ECU, I am getting pissed now., 96eclipse2nr, Apr-25-06 09:20 AM, #15
                RE: Still no start after new ECU, I am getting pissed now., eclipse982nrRST, Apr-25-06 10:26 AM, #16
                     RE: Still no start after new ECU, I am getting pissed now., freddy_00_69, Apr-25-06 11:25 AM, #17
                     RE: Still no start after new ECU, I am getting pissed now., cougar694u, Apr-25-06 12:40 PM, #18
                          RE: Still no start after new ECU, I am getting pissed now., TeamXtremeRS, Apr-25-06 01:49 PM, #19
                               RE: Still no start after new ECU, I am getting pissed now., AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Apr-25-06 04:32 PM, #20
                               RE: Still no start after new ECU, I am getting pissed now., boosted60trimrst, Apr-25-06 04:34 PM, #21
                               RE: Still no start after new ECU, I am getting pissed now., eclipse982nrRST, Apr-26-06 01:05 AM, #22
                                    RE: Still no start after new ECU, I am getting pissed now., freddy_00_69, Apr-26-06 01:03 PM, #23
                                         RE: Still no start after new ECU, I am getting pissed now., eclipse982nrRST, Apr-26-06 02:01 PM, #24
                                              RE: Update! Still no start after new ECU, I am getting pissed now., eclipse982nrRST, Apr-27-06 04:29 PM, #25
                                                   RE: Update! Still no start after new ECU, I am getting pissed now., Teamdougie2, Apr-27-06 05:45 PM, #26
                                                        RE: Update! Still no start after new ECU, I am getting pissed now., AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Apr-27-06 06:25 PM, #27
                                                             RE: Update! Still no start after new ECU, I am getting pissed now., eclipse982nrRST, Apr-28-06 01:06 AM, #28
                                                                  RE: Update! Still no start after new ECU, I am getting pissed now., 98VengeI4, Apr-28-06 04:51 AM, #29
                                                                       RE: Update! Still no start after new ECU, I am getting pissed now., eclipse982nrRST, Apr-28-06 11:33 AM, #30
                                                                            RE: Update! Still no start after new ECU, I am getting pissed now., baxsom, Apr-28-06 01:19 PM, #31
                                                                                 RE: Update! Still no start after new ECU, I am getting pissed now., eclipse982nrRST, Apr-28-06 01:28 PM, #32
                                                                                      RE: Update! Still no start after new ECU, I am getting pissed now., eclipse982nrRST, Apr-28-06 05:03 PM, #33
                                                                                           RE: Update! Still no start after new ECU, I am getting pissed now., XMasta19, Apr-28-06 05:27 PM, #34
                                                                                           RE: Update! Still no start after new ECU, I am getting pissed now., ForceFed420a, Apr-28-06 05:28 PM, #35
                                                                                                RE: Update! Still no start after new ECU, I am getting pissed now., eclipse982nrRST, Apr-28-06 05:39 PM, #36
                                                                                                RE: Update! Still no start after new ECU, I am getting pissed now., TeamXtremeRS, Apr-28-06 05:46 PM, #37
                                                                                                     RE: Update! Still no start after new ECU, I am getting pissed now., AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Apr-28-06 06:34 PM, #38
                                                                                                          RE: Update! Still no start after new ECU, I am getting pissed now., eclipse982nrRST, Apr-29-06 08:50 AM, #39
                                                                                                               RE: Update! Still no start after new ECU, I am getting pissed now., dmt111701, Apr-29-06 12:34 PM, #40
                                                                                                                    RE: Update! Still no start after new ECU, I am getting pissed now., eclipse982nrRST, Apr-29-06 04:18 PM, #41
                                                                                                                         RE: Update! Still no start after new ECU, I am getting pissed now., Moderatorxcasbonx, Apr-29-06 06:38 PM, #42
                                                                                                                         RE: Update! Still no start after new ECU, I am getting pissed now., AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Apr-29-06 08:36 PM, #43
                                                                                                                              RE: Update! Still no start after new ECU, I am getting pissed now., eclipse982nrRST, Apr-30-06 02:27 AM, #44
                                                                                                                              RE: Update! Still no start after new ECU, I am getting pissed now., eclipse982nrRST, Apr-30-06 05:09 AM, #45
                                                                                                                                   RE: Update! Still no start after new ECU, I am getting pissed now., eclipse982nrRST, May-01-06 11:45 AM, #46
                                                                                                                                        RE: Update! Still no start after new ECU, I am getting pissed now., TeamXtremeRS, May-01-06 12:15 PM, #47
                                                                                                                                             RE: Update! Still no start after new ECU, I am getting pissed now., eclipse982nrRST, May-01-06 02:30 PM, #48
                                                                                                                                             RE: Update! Still no start after new ECU, I am getting pissed now., eclipse982nrRST, May-02-06 01:11 AM, #49
                                                                                                                                             RE: Update! Still no start after new ECU, I am getting pissed now., TeamXtremeRS, May-02-06 02:52 AM, #50
                                                                                                                                             RE: Update! Still no start after new ECU, I am getting pissed now., eclipse982nrRST, May-02-06 03:48 AM, #51
                                                                                                                                             RE: Update! Still no start after new ECU, I am getting pissed now., eclipse982nrRST, May-02-06 06:12 AM, #52
                                                                                                                                             RE: Update! Still no start after new ECU, I am getting pissed now., eclipse982nrRST, May-02-06 06:39 AM, #53
                                                                                                                                             RE: Update! Still no start after new ECU, I am getting pissed now., djtrickee, May-02-06 06:50 AM, #54
                                                                                                                                             RE: Update! Still no start after new ECU, I am getting pissed now., eclipse982nrRST, May-02-06 07:32 AM, #55
                                                                                                                                             RE: Update! Still no start after new ECU, I am getting pissed now., eclipse982nrRST, May-02-06 07:33 AM, #56
                                                                                                                                             RE: Update! Still no start after new ECU, I am getting pissed now., djtrickee, May-02-06 07:35 AM, #57
                                                                                                                                             RE: Update! Still no start after new ECU, I am getting pissed now., eclipse982nrRST, May-02-06 07:51 AM, #58
                                                                                                                                             RE: Update! Still no start after new ECU, I am getting pissed now., eclipse982nrRST, May-02-06 08:12 AM, #59
                                                                                                                                             RE: Update! Still no start after new ECU, I am getting pissed now., eclipse982nrRST, May-02-06 08:47 AM, #60
                                                                                                                                             RE: Update! Still no start after new ECU, I am getting pissed now., TeamXtremeRS, May-02-06 08:56 AM, #61
                                                                                                                                             RE: Update! Still no start after new ECU, I am getting pissed now., eclipse982nrRST, May-02-06 11:36 AM #62
                                                                                                                                             RE: Update! Still no start after new ECU, I am getting pissed now., eclipse982nrRST, May-02-06 12:19 PM, #63
                                                                                                                                             RE: Update! Still no start after new ECU, I am getting pissed now., AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, May-02-06 12:34 PM, #64
                                                                                                                                             RE: Update! Still no start after new ECU, I am getting pissed now., eclipse982nrRST, May-02-06 02:25 PM, #65
                                                                                                                                             RE: Update! Still no start after new ECU, I am getting pissed now., eclipse982nrRST, May-02-06 03:42 PM, #66
                                                                                                                                             RE: Update! Still no start after new ECU, I am getting pissed now., eclipse982nrRST, May-03-06 06:13 AM, #67
                                                                                                                                             RE: Update! Still no start after new ECU, I am getting pissed now., AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, May-03-06 07:03 AM, #68
                                                                                                                                             RE: PROBLEM FOUND!, eclipse982nrRST, May-03-06 07:39 AM, #69
                                                                                                                                             RE: PROBLEM FOUND!, eclipse982nrRST, May-03-06 07:58 AM, #70
                                                                                                                                             RE: PROBLEM FOUND!, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, May-03-06 09:26 AM, #71
                                                                                                                                             RE: PROBLEM FOUND!, XMasta19, May-03-06 09:53 AM, #72
                                                                                                                                             RE: PROBLEM FOUND!, eclpsmoneypit95, May-03-06 10:02 AM, #73
                                                                                                                                             RE: PROBLEM FOUND!, GSGoinFast, May-03-06 11:01 AM, #74
                                                                                                                                             RE: PROBLEM FOUND!, XMasta19, May-03-06 03:21 PM, #75
                                                                                                                                             RE: PROBLEM FOUND!, 98VengeI4, May-04-06 03:25 AM, #79
                                                                                                                                             RE: PROBLEM FOUND!, Teamner947, May-03-06 03:35 PM, #76
                                                                                                                                             RE: PROBLEM FOUND!, XMasta19, May-03-06 04:12 PM, #77
                                                                                                                                             RE: PROBLEM FOUND!, ez, May-03-06 04:36 PM, #78
                                                                                                                                             RE: PROBLEM FOUND!, eclipse982nrRST, May-04-06 07:51 AM, #80
                                                                                                                                             RE: PROBLEM FOUND!, XMasta19, May-04-06 03:04 PM, #81
                                                                                                                                             Timing Question., eclipse982nrRST, May-08-06 12:04 PM, #82
                                                                                                                                             RE: Timing Question., dmt111701, May-08-06 01:33 PM, #83
                                                                                                                                             RE: Timing Question., AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, May-08-06 03:47 PM, #84
                                                                                                                                             RE: Timing Question., 98VengeI4, May-08-06 04:54 PM, #85
                                                                                                                                             RE: Timing Question., eclipse982nrRST, May-09-06 01:11 AM, #86
                                                                                                                                             RE: Timing Question., cougar694u, May-09-06 02:58 AM, #87
                                                                                                                                             RE: Timing Question., eclipse982nrRST, May-09-06 04:02 AM, #88
                                                                                                                                             RE: The RS-T Runs again!, eclipse982nrRST, May-09-06 07:57 AM, #89
                                                                                                                                             RE: The RS-T Runs again!, ForceFed420a, May-09-06 01:28 PM, #90

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #98150 Previous topic | Next topic