Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 3 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #98150
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: Update! Still no start after new ECU, I am getting pissed now." Previous topic | Next topic
eclipse982nrRSTApr-29-06 08:50 AM
Member since Mar 16th 2004
6314 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#98282, "RE: Update! Still no start after new ECU, I am getting pissed now."
In response to In response to 38

Originally posted by Star Turbo Talon
Originally posted by XtremeRS If the wire colors listed above are not the right ones at your sensors, then you have the wrong pigtails in the wrong sensors, although i dont think thats it. A faulty crank sensor and/or wiring is what i would be very suspect of..
That is very very wrong. The 95/96 had the chrysler style plugs, if the plugs were updated then the wiring colors are different at the actual plug. Some early 97's had the chrysler plug as well. Using the wire colors is a good guideline but one must be careful not to jump to conclusions if the colors dont match. At this point i would want to see the wave pattern generated by the cam and crank sensor (you need a vantage and there is no way a multimeter will tell you anything other than there is activity or not). As well as an answer to the other things i mentioned above that you never commented on Mike. I suspect a problem with the cam circuit. The old sensor may have been damaged and swapping in another ECU may have damaged the new ECU. This is why i am so against just trying different parts. The fact that the Scanner flickers a No to cam signal concerns me. You might have a bad crank sensor. If the Crank sensor is throwing spikes in the wave pattern, the car may still start and run poorly. Your next question is to ask why would the cam sensor signal appear to flicker on the Scanner? My answer to that has already been stated and is detailed in the troubleshooter kart. The next thing i would also want to watch would be the 9v reference signal to the Cam and crank sensor. If the 9v signal is weak when a load from the sensor is applied, the sensor will relay a poor signal as well. Sensor timing could be a result of a bad sensor. If the cam or crank is reading signal but is relaying the signal with a delay, the ECU may not accept it. The signal may not be corrupted enough to cause the ECU to throw a code. Another thing to investigate is the loose cam magnet. While the magnet was loose, was the nipple that inserts into the Cam damaged to the point that the magnet is now "out of time?" This will cause the car to not start as well. Terry

I just swapped in a new crank sensor and that didnt work either. all the fuses and everything are fine!

this just DOES NOT make any fucking sense at all.

the nipples that insert into the cam are fine, they are not broken or anything at all. i pulled out the entire harness today at my shop and started removing all the coil around the wires and i guess i am just going to check every single wire from the ECU to the snesors harness.

i dont know what else to do...

the cam magnet was not REAL loose, it just had a tiny bit of play in it, maybe like 1/20" of play.

i am starting to think there could be a mechanical problem, but then again, my compession is fine, and timing is correct.

what the hell else could control spark!?

i have my 9v volt signal and 12volt signal while cranking to the coil!

im gonna kick something really hard, really soon if i dont figure this fucking thing out already!

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Still no start after new ECU, I am getting pissed now. [View all] , eclipse982nrRST, Apr-24-06 03:32 PM
  RE: Still no start after new ECU, I am getting pissed now., dmt111701, Apr-24-06 03:49 PM, #1
RE: Still no start after new ECU, I am getting pissed now., eclipse982nrRST, Apr-24-06 03:57 PM, #2
      RE: Still no start after new ECU, I am getting pissed now., Quadman313, Apr-24-06 04:12 PM, #3
           RE: Still no start after new ECU, I am getting pissed now., dmt111701, Apr-24-06 04:21 PM, #4
           RE: Still no start after new ECU, I am getting pissed now., djtrickee, Apr-24-06 06:02 PM, #5
           RE: Still no start after new ECU, I am getting pissed now., eclipse982nrRST, Apr-25-06 12:55 AM, #6
                RE: Still no start after new ECU, I am getting pissed now., eclipse982nrRST, Apr-25-06 12:56 AM, #7
                     RE: Still no start after new ECU, I am getting pissed now., freddy_00_69, Apr-25-06 02:25 AM, #8
                          RE: Still no start after new ECU, I am getting pissed now., eclipse982nrRST, Apr-25-06 03:52 AM, #9
                               RE: Still no start after new ECU, I am getting pissed now., Blizare, Apr-25-06 04:03 AM, #10
                                    RE: Still no start after new ECU, I am getting pissed now., eclipse982nrRST, Apr-25-06 06:56 AM, #11
                                         RE: Still no start after new ECU, I am getting pissed now., eclipse982nrRST, Apr-25-06 07:40 AM, #12
                                              RE: Still no start after new ECU, I am getting pissed now., freddy_00_69, Apr-25-06 08:43 AM, #13
                                                   RE: Still no start after new ECU, I am getting pissed now., cougar694u, Apr-25-06 08:58 AM, #14
           RE: Still no start after new ECU, I am getting pissed now., 96eclipse2nr, Apr-25-06 09:20 AM, #15
                RE: Still no start after new ECU, I am getting pissed now., eclipse982nrRST, Apr-25-06 10:26 AM, #16
                     RE: Still no start after new ECU, I am getting pissed now., freddy_00_69, Apr-25-06 11:25 AM, #17
                     RE: Still no start after new ECU, I am getting pissed now., cougar694u, Apr-25-06 12:40 PM, #18
                          RE: Still no start after new ECU, I am getting pissed now., TeamXtremeRS, Apr-25-06 01:49 PM, #19
                               RE: Still no start after new ECU, I am getting pissed now., AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Apr-25-06 04:32 PM, #20
                               RE: Still no start after new ECU, I am getting pissed now., boosted60trimrst, Apr-25-06 04:34 PM, #21
                               RE: Still no start after new ECU, I am getting pissed now., eclipse982nrRST, Apr-26-06 01:05 AM, #22
                                    RE: Still no start after new ECU, I am getting pissed now., freddy_00_69, Apr-26-06 01:03 PM, #23
                                         RE: Still no start after new ECU, I am getting pissed now., eclipse982nrRST, Apr-26-06 02:01 PM, #24
                                              RE: Update! Still no start after new ECU, I am getting pissed now., eclipse982nrRST, Apr-27-06 04:29 PM, #25
                                                   RE: Update! Still no start after new ECU, I am getting pissed now., Teamdougie2, Apr-27-06 05:45 PM, #26
                                                        RE: Update! Still no start after new ECU, I am getting pissed now., AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Apr-27-06 06:25 PM, #27
                                                             RE: Update! Still no start after new ECU, I am getting pissed now., eclipse982nrRST, Apr-28-06 01:06 AM, #28
                                                                  RE: Update! Still no start after new ECU, I am getting pissed now., 98VengeI4, Apr-28-06 04:51 AM, #29
                                                                       RE: Update! Still no start after new ECU, I am getting pissed now., eclipse982nrRST, Apr-28-06 11:33 AM, #30
                                                                            RE: Update! Still no start after new ECU, I am getting pissed now., baxsom, Apr-28-06 01:19 PM, #31
                                                                                 RE: Update! Still no start after new ECU, I am getting pissed now., eclipse982nrRST, Apr-28-06 01:28 PM, #32
                                                                                      RE: Update! Still no start after new ECU, I am getting pissed now., eclipse982nrRST, Apr-28-06 05:03 PM, #33
                                                                                           RE: Update! Still no start after new ECU, I am getting pissed now., XMasta19, Apr-28-06 05:27 PM, #34
                                                                                           RE: Update! Still no start after new ECU, I am getting pissed now., ForceFed420a, Apr-28-06 05:28 PM, #35
                                                                                                RE: Update! Still no start after new ECU, I am getting pissed now., eclipse982nrRST, Apr-28-06 05:39 PM, #36
                                                                                                RE: Update! Still no start after new ECU, I am getting pissed now., TeamXtremeRS, Apr-28-06 05:46 PM, #37
                                                                                                     RE: Update! Still no start after new ECU, I am getting pissed now., AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Apr-28-06 06:34 PM, #38
                                                                                                          RE: Update! Still no start after new ECU, I am getting pissed now., eclipse982nrRST, Apr-29-06 08:50 AM #39
                                                                                                               RE: Update! Still no start after new ECU, I am getting pissed now., dmt111701, Apr-29-06 12:34 PM, #40
                                                                                                                    RE: Update! Still no start after new ECU, I am getting pissed now., eclipse982nrRST, Apr-29-06 04:18 PM, #41
                                                                                                                         RE: Update! Still no start after new ECU, I am getting pissed now., Moderatorxcasbonx, Apr-29-06 06:38 PM, #42
                                                                                                                         RE: Update! Still no start after new ECU, I am getting pissed now., AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Apr-29-06 08:36 PM, #43
                                                                                                                              RE: Update! Still no start after new ECU, I am getting pissed now., eclipse982nrRST, Apr-30-06 02:27 AM, #44
                                                                                                                              RE: Update! Still no start after new ECU, I am getting pissed now., eclipse982nrRST, Apr-30-06 05:09 AM, #45
                                                                                                                                   RE: Update! Still no start after new ECU, I am getting pissed now., eclipse982nrRST, May-01-06 11:45 AM, #46
                                                                                                                                        RE: Update! Still no start after new ECU, I am getting pissed now., TeamXtremeRS, May-01-06 12:15 PM, #47
                                                                                                                                             RE: Update! Still no start after new ECU, I am getting pissed now., eclipse982nrRST, May-01-06 02:30 PM, #48
                                                                                                                                             RE: Update! Still no start after new ECU, I am getting pissed now., eclipse982nrRST, May-02-06 01:11 AM, #49
                                                                                                                                             RE: Update! Still no start after new ECU, I am getting pissed now., TeamXtremeRS, May-02-06 02:52 AM, #50
                                                                                                                                             RE: Update! Still no start after new ECU, I am getting pissed now., eclipse982nrRST, May-02-06 03:48 AM, #51
                                                                                                                                             RE: Update! Still no start after new ECU, I am getting pissed now., eclipse982nrRST, May-02-06 06:12 AM, #52
                                                                                                                                             RE: Update! Still no start after new ECU, I am getting pissed now., eclipse982nrRST, May-02-06 06:39 AM, #53
                                                                                                                                             RE: Update! Still no start after new ECU, I am getting pissed now., djtrickee, May-02-06 06:50 AM, #54
                                                                                                                                             RE: Update! Still no start after new ECU, I am getting pissed now., eclipse982nrRST, May-02-06 07:32 AM, #55
                                                                                                                                             RE: Update! Still no start after new ECU, I am getting pissed now., eclipse982nrRST, May-02-06 07:33 AM, #56
                                                                                                                                             RE: Update! Still no start after new ECU, I am getting pissed now., djtrickee, May-02-06 07:35 AM, #57
                                                                                                                                             RE: Update! Still no start after new ECU, I am getting pissed now., eclipse982nrRST, May-02-06 07:51 AM, #58
                                                                                                                                             RE: Update! Still no start after new ECU, I am getting pissed now., eclipse982nrRST, May-02-06 08:12 AM, #59
                                                                                                                                             RE: Update! Still no start after new ECU, I am getting pissed now., eclipse982nrRST, May-02-06 08:47 AM, #60
                                                                                                                                             RE: Update! Still no start after new ECU, I am getting pissed now., TeamXtremeRS, May-02-06 08:56 AM, #61
                                                                                                                                             RE: Update! Still no start after new ECU, I am getting pissed now., eclipse982nrRST, May-02-06 11:36 AM, #62
                                                                                                                                             RE: Update! Still no start after new ECU, I am getting pissed now., eclipse982nrRST, May-02-06 12:19 PM, #63
                                                                                                                                             RE: Update! Still no start after new ECU, I am getting pissed now., AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, May-02-06 12:34 PM, #64
                                                                                                                                             RE: Update! Still no start after new ECU, I am getting pissed now., eclipse982nrRST, May-02-06 02:25 PM, #65
                                                                                                                                             RE: Update! Still no start after new ECU, I am getting pissed now., eclipse982nrRST, May-02-06 03:42 PM, #66
                                                                                                                                             RE: Update! Still no start after new ECU, I am getting pissed now., eclipse982nrRST, May-03-06 06:13 AM, #67
                                                                                                                                             RE: Update! Still no start after new ECU, I am getting pissed now., AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, May-03-06 07:03 AM, #68
                                                                                                                                             RE: PROBLEM FOUND!, eclipse982nrRST, May-03-06 07:39 AM, #69
                                                                                                                                             RE: PROBLEM FOUND!, eclipse982nrRST, May-03-06 07:58 AM, #70
                                                                                                                                             RE: PROBLEM FOUND!, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, May-03-06 09:26 AM, #71
                                                                                                                                             RE: PROBLEM FOUND!, XMasta19, May-03-06 09:53 AM, #72
                                                                                                                                             RE: PROBLEM FOUND!, eclpsmoneypit95, May-03-06 10:02 AM, #73
                                                                                                                                             RE: PROBLEM FOUND!, GSGoinFast, May-03-06 11:01 AM, #74
                                                                                                                                             RE: PROBLEM FOUND!, XMasta19, May-03-06 03:21 PM, #75
                                                                                                                                             RE: PROBLEM FOUND!, 98VengeI4, May-04-06 03:25 AM, #79
                                                                                                                                             RE: PROBLEM FOUND!, Teamner947, May-03-06 03:35 PM, #76
                                                                                                                                             RE: PROBLEM FOUND!, XMasta19, May-03-06 04:12 PM, #77
                                                                                                                                             RE: PROBLEM FOUND!, ez, May-03-06 04:36 PM, #78
                                                                                                                                             RE: PROBLEM FOUND!, eclipse982nrRST, May-04-06 07:51 AM, #80
                                                                                                                                             RE: PROBLEM FOUND!, XMasta19, May-04-06 03:04 PM, #81
                                                                                                                                             Timing Question., eclipse982nrRST, May-08-06 12:04 PM, #82
                                                                                                                                             RE: Timing Question., dmt111701, May-08-06 01:33 PM, #83
                                                                                                                                             RE: Timing Question., AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, May-08-06 03:47 PM, #84
                                                                                                                                             RE: Timing Question., 98VengeI4, May-08-06 04:54 PM, #85
                                                                                                                                             RE: Timing Question., eclipse982nrRST, May-09-06 01:11 AM, #86
                                                                                                                                             RE: Timing Question., cougar694u, May-09-06 02:58 AM, #87
                                                                                                                                             RE: Timing Question., eclipse982nrRST, May-09-06 04:02 AM, #88
                                                                                                                                             RE: The RS-T Runs again!, eclipse982nrRST, May-09-06 07:57 AM, #89
                                                                                                                                             RE: The RS-T Runs again!, ForceFed420a, May-09-06 01:28 PM, #90

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #98150 Previous topic | Next topic