Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 4 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #85151
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: "Putting motor back together" questions" Previous topic | Next topic
TeamDR1665Jan-24-05 08:18 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#85169, "RE: "Putting motor back together" questions"
In response to In response to 7

Originally posted by eclipse982nrRST
Got my block back today from the machine shop and damn it looks fine.

Is this the same shop that said Mike's block was shit even though it wasn't? LOL. Good luck on that one.

1. they degreased the block for me and it looks brand damn new, was wondering if i didnt paint it, if it would rust or not?

Wipe it down with rubbing alcohol and then hit it with a hi-temp primer and follow up with a hi-temp paint. You really won't need it, but for $10 while you have it in front of you, this is the time to add a little bling factor to the block imo.

2. what do i torque the aem cam gears down to? the 5 bolts around the gears that is.

How many bolts do they come with?

3. how do i push the crank sprocket back onto the crankshaft?

We used a copper mallet and a 34mm socket. Then beat the hell out of it. It goes on almost all the way. You should barely be able to get a fingernail between the back of the sprocket and the block. Also, make sure you don't lose the keyway and put that thing on the right direction. Otherwise, you won't keep any timing and you'll have to drill/tap it to pull it back off and do it right.

4. do i put any anerobic sealant around the oil pump when i bolt it back on?

az2gnt.net/FSM/

5. is there a torque rating for the oil and water pump?

Click the link above...

6. do i put any sealant on the rear main seal?

ahve you clicked the link above yet?

7. what do i torque the arp headdstuds to?

Did you just grab them from the junk drawer or something? I think they come with a spec sheet that tells you that sort of thing. Much like about 5 minutes with the search would have told you too.

i lost my haynes manual for most of these answers and the shit i bought from ppl off the board here, like the studs and gears, dont have installation insructions.

Well, damn. Don't I feel like the jackass this time around...

oh ya, and is the melling oil pumps already primed?

No. Does oil pour out of it? LOL

thanks sooo much in advance fella's, points to whom will be helpful to me

I bet I get no points cuz I called you a jackass. LOL

If you see this post 3X or something, it's only because it never showed up for me tonight. Let me know. (Damn servers...)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

"Putting motor back together" questions [View all] , eclipse982nrRST, Jan-24-05 03:08 PM
  RE: "Putting motor back together" questions, enhance, Jan-24-05 03:31 PM, #1
RE: "Putting motor back together" questions, eclipse982nrRST, Jan-24-05 03:34 PM, #2
      RE: "Putting motor back together" questions, Onnoffplayer, Jan-24-05 03:50 PM, #3
           RE: "Putting motor back together" questions, talonguy2005, Jan-24-05 04:28 PM, #4
                RE: "Putting motor back together" questions, BOOSTED ECLIPSE, Jan-24-05 05:00 PM, #5
                RE: "Putting motor back together" questions, enhance, Jan-24-05 05:41 PM, #6
                     RE: "Putting motor back together" questions, BlueMoonEclipse, Jan-24-05 07:46 PM, #7
                          RE: "Putting motor back together" questions, TeamDR1665, Jan-24-05 08:18 PM #8
                               RE: "Putting motor back together" questions, eclipse982nrRST, Jan-25-05 12:14 AM, #9
                RE: "Putting motor back together" questions, AdministratorCODE4, Jan-25-05 03:23 AM, #10
                     RE: "Putting motor back together" questions, cougar694u, Jan-25-05 05:24 AM, #11
                     RE: "Putting motor back together" questions, tim97rs, Jan-25-05 05:33 AM, #12
                     RE: "Putting motor back together" questions, eclipse982nrRST, Jan-25-05 01:32 PM, #14
RE: "Putting motor back together" questions, thedawg, Jan-25-05 05:42 AM, #13

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #85151 Previous topic | Next topic