Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #52587
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: Replace the head gasket myself?" Previous topic | Next topic
gilee_8Jun-11-03 03:59 AM
Member since Jun 11th 2002
1441 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#52998, "RE: Replace the head gasket myself?"
In response to In response to 46

OK, if you still have your head in...and stll questioning..I hope this helps ok.

First, You have to do the following in Steps...
1) remove power steering, you don't have have drain all fluid, just unbolt the power steering, and let me hang there.
2) do the same to AC compressor, just unbolt it, and let it hang
3) remove the belt for the above two
4) remove all the bracket that holds the power steering, and AC Comp.
5) loosen the alternator, (I just took it off since I do rebuild)
6) use a ***5 TON 3-arm puller*** and put it on the crank pulley
7) use bunsion burner to burn the crank pulley center for 2-3 mins.
8) keep turning till bolts comes out
9) jack up your engine
10) loosen the engine mount and it's bracket.
11) now spent about 9 hours playing with it to take that bracket out. (you will need that 9 hours.. lol) (HINTS: you will have to take out the outer timing cover the same time with the engine mount bracket) (NOTE: USE FORCE!!!)
12) now, just cut the timing belt (you put a new one in anyway)
13) I just unscrew the cam with nothing special
14) take the cam gear out (they just slip off.. lol) (only if you want the take off the head, if not, just leave the cam gear in)
16) put your new timing belt in. that's all

HAVE FUN, if it's your first time, and never did it before, and have to take out that mother fucking engine mount bracket.. YOU WILL HAVE ALOT OF FUN.... as for me.... I am close to just fucking junk the car.. LOL.

BTW, you should change your alternator belt, AC comp belt, timing belt, water pump, and the oil pump.

Later.. hope that helps/
Gilbert

~~~~~~~~Modification~~~~~~~~
Performance: MegaSquirt v3.0 Fuel & Spark, 8.6:1 JE piston, Eagle Long Rods, SPEC III Clutch, EVOIII B16G, FMIC, Aeromotive 1:1 FPR, Walbro 255HP, 680cc Injectors, 2.5" DP, 3" Magnaflow Cat, 3.5" Greddy EVO CatBack, Greddy Electronic EGT,FUEL,BOOST,A/F gauges...
Interior: Racing Seats, Metallic Interior, 15-Speakers System, Keyless, Dynomat Insulated, Neons...
Exterior: 1999 Body with turbo wing, Halo Projector Headlight, 4300K HID, 17" Mille Rims, GSX Calipers...
Coming Soon: Water Injection, Redo Undercarriage, Repaint Exterior

$240 For New Complete GSX Calipers Kit (Calipers, Bracket, Shim, Pad, Bolts, etc) Email Me If Interested!

1995 RED Eclipse GS-'T': Stage VI 20PSI
2010 Audi S5 Quattro

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Replace the head gasket myself? [View all] , CopperEclipse96, Jun-04-03 09:32 AM
  RE: Replace the head gasket myself?, InFiNiT3, Jun-04-03 09:53 AM, #1
RE: Replace the head gasket myself?, CopperEclipse96, Jun-04-03 09:58 AM, #2
      RE: Replace the head gasket myself?, Mannyyy, Jun-04-03 10:06 AM, #3
           RE: Replace the head gasket myself?, CopperEclipse96, Jun-04-03 10:13 AM, #4
                RE: Replace the head gasket myself?, Mannyyy, Jun-04-03 10:23 AM, #5
                     RE: Replace the head gasket myself?, 95_ESi_Person, Jun-04-03 03:58 PM, #6
                          RE: Replace the head gasket myself?, Mannyyy, Jun-04-03 04:17 PM, #7
                               RE: Replace the head gasket myself?, CopperEclipse96, Jun-04-03 07:16 PM, #8
                                    RE: Replace the head gasket myself?, Mannyyy, Jun-04-03 07:53 PM, #9
                                    RE: Replace the head gasket myself?, The1Bill, Jun-04-03 08:00 PM, #10
                                         RE: Replace the head gasket myself?, Kirby, Jun-05-03 05:38 AM, #11
                                              RE: Replace the head gasket myself?, TeamMichael_97RS, Jun-05-03 05:57 AM, #12
                                                   RE: Replace the head gasket myself?, mcgyvr, Jun-05-03 06:36 AM, #13
                                                        RE: Replace the head gasket myself?, CopperEclipse96, Jun-05-03 08:59 AM, #14
                                                             RE: Replace the head gasket myself?, Dinkjs, Jun-05-03 10:09 AM, #15
                                                             RE: Replace the head gasket myself?, TeamMichael_97RS, Jun-05-03 10:12 AM, #16
                                                                  RE: Replace the head gasket myself?, CopperEclipse96, Jun-05-03 10:28 AM, #17
                                                                       RE: Replace the head gasket myself?, TeamMichael_97RS, Jun-05-03 10:32 AM, #18
                                                                            RE: Replace the head gasket myself?, CopperEclipse96, Jun-05-03 11:29 AM, #19
                                                                                 RE: Replace the head gasket myself?, Collente, Jun-05-03 12:29 PM, #20
                                                                                      RE: Replace the head gasket myself?, CopperEclipse96, Jun-05-03 12:42 PM, #21
                                                                                           RE: Replace the head gasket myself?, Collente, Jun-05-03 12:46 PM, #22
                                                                                                RE: Replace the head gasket myself?, CopperEclipse96, Jun-05-03 12:49 PM, #23
                                                                                                     RE: Replace the head gasket myself?, Collente, Jun-05-03 01:00 PM, #24
                                                                                                          RE: Replace the head gasket myself?, CopperEclipse96, Jun-05-03 01:04 PM, #25
                                                                                                               RE: Replace the head gasket myself?, Collente, Jun-05-03 01:19 PM, #26
                                                                                                                    RE: Replace the head gasket myself?, CopperEclipse96, Jun-05-03 04:26 PM, #27
                                                                                                                         RE: Replace the head gasket myself?, Mannyyy, Jun-05-03 04:36 PM, #28
                                                                                                                              RE: Replace the head gasket myself?, CopperEclipse96, Jun-05-03 04:54 PM, #29
                                                                                                                                   RE: Replace the head gasket myself?, Mannyyy, Jun-05-03 05:33 PM, #30
                                                                                                                                        RE: Replace the head gasket myself?, CopperEclipse96, Jun-05-03 05:54 PM, #31
                                                                                                                                             RE: Replace the head gasket myself?, Mannyyy, Jun-05-03 06:07 PM, #32
                                                                                                                                             RE: Replace the head gasket myself?, DarKReaLity, Jun-05-03 06:07 PM, #33
                                                                                                                                             RE: Replace the head gasket myself?, CopperEclipse96, Jun-05-03 06:20 PM, #34
                                                                                                                                             RE: Replace the head gasket myself?, HadesOmega, Jun-08-03 11:47 AM, #35
                                                                                                                                             RE: Replace the head gasket myself?, CopperEclipse96, Jun-09-03 07:41 AM, #36
                                                                                                                                             RE: Replace the head gasket myself?, The1Bill, Jun-09-03 07:58 AM, #37
                                                                                                                                             RE: Replace the head gasket myself?, CopperEclipse96, Jun-09-03 08:27 AM, #38
                                                                                                                                             RE: Replace the head gasket myself?, gilee_8, Jun-09-03 08:53 AM, #39
                                                                                                                                             RE: Replace the head gasket myself?, CopperEclipse96, Jun-09-03 04:33 PM, #40
                                                                                                                                             RE: Replace the head gasket myself?, Mannyyy, Jun-09-03 08:59 PM, #41
                                                                                                                                             RE: Replace the head gasket myself?, CopperEclipse96, Jun-10-03 06:29 AM, #42
                                                                                                                                             RE: Replace the head gasket myself?, gilee_8, Jun-10-03 06:58 AM, #43
                                                                                                                                             RE: Replace the head gasket myself?, CopperEclipse96, Jun-10-03 10:45 AM, #44
                                                                                                                                             RE: Replace the head gasket myself?, Mannyyy, Jun-10-03 05:28 PM, #45
                                                                                                                                             RE: Replace the head gasket myself?, InFiNiT3, Jun-10-03 11:50 PM, #46
                                                                                                                                             RE: Replace the head gasket myself?, gilee_8, Jun-11-03 03:59 AM #47
                                                                                                                                             RE: Replace the head gasket myself?, CopperEclipse96, Jun-11-03 06:52 AM, #48
                                                                                                                                             RE: Replace the head gasket myself?, CopperEclipse96, Jun-11-03 09:58 AM, #49
                                                                                                                                             RE: Replace the head gasket myself?, CopperEclipse96, Jun-11-03 02:28 PM, #50

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #52587 Previous topic | Next topic