Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #26705
View in linear mode

Subject: "My NOT-SO-happy 4th of July....." Previous topic | Next topic
Teamdougie2Jul-06-02 02:50 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2982 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#26705, "My NOT-SO-happy 4th of July....."

On my 45-minute drive home at about midnight I was run off the road by a huge jacked-up truck. I ended up in a ditch and luckily a group of about 10 guys stopped and helped me lift/push my car back onto the road. I noticed my front was damaged but it was f'ed up already. Well, about 2 minutes later my oil light came on and I pulled over just in time to hear my engine lock up......

...well... while I was popping the hood a cop pulls over next to me and asks if I've been drink (I hadn't been drinking for hours)... long story short, I refused the test and went to jail.

When I went to check out my car today, I looked underneith and my oilpan is completely bust and there are metal shavings in oil from the dipstick. I can't get my car until Monday to check out the internals but I'm wondering what you guys think. It'd be nice if I could replace the shortblock and rebuild, but I don't know if the head would be fucked up too or not. Whatcha think?

on a side note, the cop thought I was dealing Xanax because I didn't have a label on my prescription bottle and I had $400 cash on me which he also took, so I guess my attorney gets to ass-rape me again *sigh*

What a shitty 4th of July... I hope you guys can cheer me up.

Doug

Xtreme Performance Services

Race Engines · Transmissions · Turbo Systems · EFI & Tuning · Fabrication · Welding
www.xtremefabrications.com

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

My NOT-SO-happy 4th of July..... [View all] , Teamdougie2, Jul-06-02 02:50 PM
  RE: My NOT-SO-happy 4th of July....., Super20G, Jul-06-02 03:24 PM, #1
RE: My NOT-SO-happy 4th of July....., Teamdougie2, Jul-06-02 03:58 PM, #2
      RE: My NOT-SO-happy 4th of July....., Twiste, Jul-06-02 06:45 PM, #3

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #26705 Previous topic | Next topic