Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #134580
View in threaded mode

Subject: "RE: Hahn Racecraft FMIC /w Stage 2 turbosystem - running warm after rebuild" Previous topic | Next topic
Eclipsedrivr2002Jul-13-11 02:42 PM
Member since Jun 02nd 2010
24 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#134594, "RE: Hahn Racecraft FMIC /w Stage 2 turbosystem - running warm after rebuild"
In response to In response to 3
Jul-13-11 02:42 PM by Eclipsedrivr2002

Originally posted by CODE4
Sit in traffic for over an hour? In Westwego? Does this overheating only occur after freeway driving? Are the fans on when this situation happens (have you physically verified it)? As far as mounting pusher fans, any fan that physically fits will work.

Well Westwego is a suburb of New Orleans, so once I get off the interstate and have to fight with traffic to get where I am going I then notice a problem with the heat.

At an idle, the motor does not overheat at all, or for short distances of driving. Whenever I get into heavy heavy stop and go traffic ( Driving a mile ever hour or hour and a half) or rushhour traffic where I have to drive for a long period of time, then get into heavy traffic, I then notice a problem. I have checked that when the vehicle is beginning to run hot, or when the needle begins to rise, I usually hop out and verify that the fans are in fact working, which they are.

I guess I will try to install some pusher fans in front of the condenser and see if that helps alleviate my problem - I might even try doing some mild duct work to help channel the air around and under the intercooler and to the the radiator better, thanks for the input.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Hahn Racecraft FMIC /w Stage 2 turbosystem - running warm after rebuild [View all] , Eclipsedrivr2002, Jul-11-11 08:46 PM
  RE: Hahn Racecraft FMIC /w Stage 2 turbosystem - running warm after rebuild, Eclipsedrivr2002, Jul-11-11 08:53 PM, #1
RE: Hahn Racecraft FMIC /w Stage 2 turbosystem - running warm after rebuild, Eclipsedrivr2002, Jul-12-11 05:52 PM, #2
RE: Hahn Racecraft FMIC /w Stage 2 turbosystem - running warm after rebuild, AdministratorCODE4, Jul-12-11 06:11 PM, #3
RE: Hahn Racecraft FMIC /w Stage 2 turbosystem - running warm after rebuild, 2ndGen-ElTalon, Jul-13-11 06:30 AM, #4
RE: Hahn Racecraft FMIC /w Stage 2 turbosystem - running warm after rebuild, Wes Tank, Jul-13-11 10:32 AM, #5
RE: Hahn Racecraft FMIC /w Stage 2 turbosystem - running warm after rebuild, Eclipsedrivr2002, Jul-13-11 02:42 PM #6

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #134580 Previous topic | Next topic