Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #134580
View in linear mode

Subject: "Hahn Racecraft FMIC /w Stage 2 turbosystem - running warm after rebuild" Previous topic | Next topic
Eclipsedrivr2002Jul-11-11 08:46 PM
Member since Jun 02nd 2010
24 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#134580, "Hahn Racecraft FMIC /w Stage 2 turbosystem - running warm after rebuild"
Jul-11-11 08:51 PM by Eclipsedrivr2002

Hey guys,

Just got a nerw motor put into my 95 Eclipse RS with the stage 2 hahn racecraft turbo system and I am having a bit of an overheat issue. At an idle the car runs fine and the temp needle is a bit below the middle but after I drive the vehicle on the interstate for about 20-30 minutes then hop into heavy traffic or sit in traffic for over an hour or so the temp needle begins to rise up on me. I currently have a fluidyne radiator and a flex-a-lite fans which I had hardwired to my ac so when I turn on the AC both fans spin at the same time. (I then later found out that having the fans running when the ac kicks on actually will make the car run hotter, so I plan to move the to a hardwired toggle switch which will be fused.) (Everything in the cooling system has been checked and all are new parts, only things that are not brand new are the flex-a-lite fans and the fluidyne radiator. I did a simple paper test by putting a piece of paper between the intercooler and the condenser for the AC and the paper didnt move. I then put a piece of paper between the condenser and the radiator and the paper began to move slightly. It is obvious that it is an airflow problem at this point. Here are a few of the ideas I came up with to try to solve this problem.

- Hardwire the FAL fans to a toggle switch and have them always running
- Install a second set of fans to go between the intercooler and the condenser to help push air across the radiator while the original fans behind the radiator are set to pull air through the radiator.

I already have a bottle of water wetter which I will use when I go in to install the second set of fans later this week, has anyone else tried to install a second set of fans to assist in airflow, and if so, which brand/size did they go with. I dunno how beneficial it would be to try to modify the hood/headlights for additional airflow being that to really assist in the cooling I need to get the air across the radiator, not so much in the motor bay, granted I am sure it couldn't hurt. Thanks for the advice guys, I did a bit of searching, but I didn't see anyone with any information regarding an install of a second set of fans. Here is a quick snapshot of the motor in the car, so you can see the current set up. I also have a bodykit front bumper, I believe it's an aggressive bumper.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Hahn Racecraft FMIC /w Stage 2 turbosystem - running warm after rebuild [View all] , Eclipsedrivr2002, Jul-11-11 08:46 PM
  RE: Hahn Racecraft FMIC /w Stage 2 turbosystem - running warm after rebuild, Eclipsedrivr2002, Jul-11-11 08:53 PM, #1
RE: Hahn Racecraft FMIC /w Stage 2 turbosystem - running warm after rebuild, Eclipsedrivr2002, Jul-12-11 05:52 PM, #2
      RE: Hahn Racecraft FMIC /w Stage 2 turbosystem - running warm after rebuild, AdministratorCODE4, Jul-12-11 06:11 PM, #3
           RE: Hahn Racecraft FMIC /w Stage 2 turbosystem - running warm after rebuild, 2ndGen-ElTalon, Jul-13-11 06:30 AM, #4
           RE: Hahn Racecraft FMIC /w Stage 2 turbosystem - running warm after rebuild, Wes Tank, Jul-13-11 10:32 AM, #5
           RE: Hahn Racecraft FMIC /w Stage 2 turbosystem - running warm after rebuild, Eclipsedrivr2002, Jul-13-11 02:42 PM, #6

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #134580 Previous topic | Next topic