Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 4 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #127836
View in linear mode

Subject: "Engine Install Headache" Previous topic | Next topic
DanKidSep-22-09 10:55 AM
Member since Oct 29th 2004
480 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#127836, "Engine Install Headache"

Well after months of having my car on jack stands and slowly replacing my blown motor with a used built one, I finally finished the install yesterday only to find that the motor is gushing coolant. I had put in a new water pump, oil pump, timing belt, and tensioner before the install and double checked everything so I don't know what could be wrong. It's hard to see exactly where the leak is coming from because of the full timing belt cover but the coolant seems like it's coming from either the timing belt area or the t-housing. I re-installed the t-housing and will see if it solved the problem when I get out of work today but it's just wishful thinking.

I honestly don't know where to turn from here and was hoping for some input. Should I just have the car towed to a shop who can fix the problem or should I pull the motor again and take it to a shop to save some money? I'm really broke and with the holidays coming up soon I can't afford to shell out thousands to get the car running again but I miss driving my car. Sorry for the long post. Just looking for guidance from more expierenced members since i'm a newb when it comes to motors.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Engine Install Headache [View all] , DanKid, Sep-22-09 10:55 AM
  RE: Engine Install Headache, ez, Sep-22-09 11:00 AM, #1
RE: Engine Install Headache, DanKid, Sep-22-09 11:07 AM, #2
RE: Engine Install Headache, Moderatorbullettdsm, Sep-22-09 11:27 AM, #3
      RE: Engine Install Headache, 420agreenvilleSC, Sep-22-09 12:10 PM, #4
           RE: Engine Install Headache, DanKid, Sep-22-09 01:14 PM, #5
                RE: Engine Install Headache, AdministratorCODE4, Sep-22-09 01:50 PM, #6
                     RE: Engine Install Headache, DanKid, Sep-22-09 02:01 PM, #7
                          RE: Engine Install Headache, DanKid, Sep-22-09 03:49 PM, #8

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #127836 Previous topic | Next topic