Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #127560
View in linear mode

Subject: "wrecking yard motor checklist." Previous topic | Next topic
spooled420Sep-04-09 12:04 AM
Member since Jun 04th 2007
204 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#127560, "wrecking yard motor checklist."

So Ive been getting ready to hit the wrecking yard for a 420a block and was wanting to know your opinions on what to look out for in terms of visually choosing.I was wanting to do a cylinder leakdown test but was wondering if this will work while the engines cold or will it give false reading due to the engine not being warmed up?Any ideas?so far i'm wanting to find at the yard

* low miles.
*originally equipped with auto trans since it shouldnt have as much abuse from over revving and such.
*peferably my donor car should be rear ended or Tboned accident indicating thats why its in the junk yard to begin with.
*If the interior doesnt look as bad as other donor cars this should indicate that the car was better maintained and cared for "just a thought".
*odvious damage or car with damaged front end I'll definitaly stay away from.

anything you guys can throw in there before I go to the yard would be appretiated,Thank you.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

wrecking yard motor checklist. [View all] , spooled420, Sep-04-09 12:04 AM
  RE: wrecking yard motor checklist., Tuxdreamerx, Sep-04-09 10:32 AM, #1

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #127560 Previous topic | Next topic