Go back to previous topic
Forum namePerformance/Engine
Topic subjectwrecking yard motor checklist.
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=127560
127560, wrecking yard motor checklist.
Posted by spooled420, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
So Ive been getting ready to hit the wrecking yard for a 420a block and was wanting to know your opinions on what to look out for in terms of visually choosing.I was wanting to do a cylinder leakdown test but was wondering if this will work while the engines cold or will it give false reading due to the engine not being warmed up?Any ideas?so far i'm wanting to find at the yard

* low miles.
*originally equipped with auto trans since it shouldnt have as much abuse from over revving and such.
*peferably my donor car should be rear ended or Tboned accident indicating thats why its in the junk yard to begin with.
*If the interior doesnt look as bad as other donor cars this should indicate that the car was better maintained and cared for "just a thought".
*odvious damage or car with damaged front end I'll definitaly stay away from.

anything you guys can throw in there before I go to the yard would be appretiated,Thank you.
127563, RE: wrecking yard motor checklist.
Posted by Tuxdreamerx, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Your on the right track the only other thing I would check is if the yard offers a warranty. Most of the yards around here give you 30 - 90 days to make sure the motor runs.
I generated this page in 0.0093598365783691 seconds, executing 7 queries.