Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #119322
View in linear mode

Subject: "Did I spin a bearing?" Previous topic | Next topic
CollenteApr-28-07 11:49 AM
Member since Sep 20th 2002
2447 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#119322, "Did I spin a bearing?"

This is awesome, I finally get the car done after a year. I bought a used short block and took my head and got her all up and running.

It wasn't running a hour total and I drove it maybe 3 miles.
I come back and no problems. I turn it on for a friend and get this hideous really loud sand paper noise. I rev it up again and the higher the rev the louder the noise... we're talking seriously loud sandpaper type noise which sounds like it's coming from the block. No noise at idle. I check and there's no oil (4 qt's in an hour with no smoke?). I put new oil in and it's doing the same thing..

I pulled the pan and dont have any shavings. I haven't pulled the rod caps off, what are the torqe specs to put em back on? What should I look for? I checked my chiltons and couldn't tell how to know if you spin a bearing?!? I'll check for scoring too.

I want to cry..

Nick
97RS

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Did I spin a bearing? [View all] , Collente, Apr-28-07 11:49 AM
  RE: Did I spin a bearing?, phr0st187, Apr-28-07 04:58 PM, #1
RE: Did I spin a bearing?, Moderatorxcasbonx, Apr-29-07 08:11 AM, #2
      RE: Did I spin a bearing?, VelocitaPaola, Apr-29-07 11:37 AM, #3
           RE: Did I spin a bearing?, Moderatorbullettdsm, Apr-30-07 01:58 PM, #4

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #119322 Previous topic | Next topic