Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #105690
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: Ok. So i'm going for the itb setup....." Previous topic | Next topic
2GeclipseRSAug-17-07 01:30 PM
Member since May 06th 2007
781 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#105747, "RE: Ok. So i'm going for the itb setup....."
In response to In response to 1
Aug-17-07 02:11 PM by 2GeclipseRS

Originally posted by foggy45
biggest problem with our runners is them not lining up straight, they're offset a bit best sugestion i saw was to get a stratus intake manifold (all 4 runners are inline) and cut it off at the height you need it. then youll need to figure out how to attach an adapter plate to a cast manifold. i saw some people used JB weld but that looked dumb, one i saw actually hacked an OBX manifold and used that as the base. as for the surge tank, i think your gonna be looking at a sheet metal kinda thing with an adapter for your intercooler pipes. i thought of doing it in Carbon fibre, but i cant figure out how to seal it to the ITB adapter plates. then you have to think how your gonna mount the horns in the surge tank itself and how they conect to the ITB's. i though of intercooler conectors but then i figured it wouldnt be able to support the weight of the tank. so im thinking that individual V-bands might work

I've seen multiple people either A) weld the cast or B) get a stainless flange and some tubing then have at it.... I'm leaning towards the flange/tubing thing and then i'd have to figure out the injector bosses and all that noise. I want EVERYTHING to be at the best possible angle to make this work as smoothly as possible so i'm thinking everyting is going to have to be made from scratch, excluding the tb's. I still haven't decided what will work best. The busa tb's are indeed bigger. I love ebay. Google is giving me a shitstorm of useless crap...as usual.

Having tapered runners that are just long enough to run a surge tank/plenum AND generate a nice amount of idle vac might not be as hard as i thought. If i ran everything offset towards the driver side of the car, i think i can make it happen. I'll play with this a little more on paper during the week. I'm kinda burnt out right now from work. If anyone has anything they'd like to add/help with/criticize, please do.

Oh, a teaser i found on youtube related to injectors. Pertains to the topic, not quite my design but i think you guys will enjoy it.

BMW M3

Here's a wiki write-up i found for itb's on a 240. The hose/clamps to link the tb's to the portion of stock mani has to be killing a pony or 2 but the dynosheet proves they made a jump in power:

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Nissan_240SX_Performance_Modification/KA24DE_and_KA24E/ITB%27s

Goodnight sweetheart...yes its time to go...bum bum bum bum bum...good night sweetheart yes I am one little a$$hole......bum bum bum bum....

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Ok. So i'm going for the itb setup..... [View all] , 2GeclipseRS, Aug-15-07 12:35 PM
  RE: Ok. So i'm going for the itb setup....., foggy45, Aug-15-07 07:46 PM, #1
RE: Ok. So i'm going for the itb setup....., cougar694u, Aug-16-07 05:15 AM, #2
RE: Ok. So i'm going for the itb setup....., 2GeclipseRS, Aug-17-07 01:30 PM #3
      RE: Ok. So i'm going for the itb setup....., foggy45, Aug-17-07 06:09 PM, #4
           RE: Ok. So i'm going for the itb setup....., 2GeclipseRS, Aug-17-07 08:47 PM, #5
                RE: Ok. So i'm going for the itb setup....., foggy45, Aug-19-07 05:07 AM, #6
                     RE: Ok. So i'm going for the itb setup....., foggy45, Aug-19-07 07:21 AM, #7
                          RE: Ok. So i'm going for the itb setup....., 2GeclipseRS, Aug-20-07 12:59 PM, #8
                               RE: Ok. So i'm going for the itb setup....., foggy45, Aug-20-07 02:14 PM, #9
                                    RE: Ok. So i'm going for the itb setup....., 2GeclipseRS, Aug-20-07 06:36 PM, #10
                                         RE: Ok. So i'm going for the itb setup....., cougar694u, Aug-21-07 09:00 AM, #11
                                              RE: Ok. So i'm going for the itb setup....., 2GeclipseRS, Aug-21-07 04:14 PM, #12
                                                   RE: Ok. So i'm going for the itb setup....., cougar694u, Aug-21-07 04:29 PM, #13
                                                        RE: Ok. So i'm going for the itb setup....., 2GeclipseRS, Aug-22-07 11:50 AM, #14
                                                             RE: Ok. So i'm going for the itb setup....., foggy45, Aug-22-07 02:31 PM, #15
                                                                  RE: Ok. So i'm going for the itb setup....., 2GeclipseRS, Aug-22-07 07:15 PM, #16
                                                                       RE: Ok. So i'm going for the itb setup....., cougar694u, Aug-23-07 03:07 AM, #17
                                                                       RE: Ok. So i'm going for the itb setup....., 2GeclipseRS, Aug-23-07 12:09 PM, #19
                                                                            RE: Ok. So i'm going for the itb setup....., foggy45, Aug-23-07 04:43 PM, #20
                                                                                 RE: Ok. So i'm going for the itb setup....., 2GeclipseRS, Aug-24-07 04:05 AM, #21
                                                                       RE: Ok. So i'm going for the itb setup....., Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Aug-23-07 04:05 AM, #18
                                                                            RE: Ok. So i'm going for the itb setup....., AMM, Aug-27-07 01:02 PM, #22
                                                                                 RE: Ok. So i'm going for the itb setup....., 2GeclipseRS, Aug-27-07 01:37 PM, #23
                                                                                      RE: Ok. So i'm going for the itb setup....., AMM, Aug-27-07 06:31 PM, #24
                                                                                           RE: Ok. So i'm going for the itb setup....., Moderatorbullettdsm, Aug-28-07 12:08 AM, #25
                                                                                                RE: Ok. So i'm going for the itb setup....., AMM, Aug-28-07 06:09 AM, #26
                                                                                                     RE: Ok. So i'm going for the itb setup....., Moderatorbullettdsm, Aug-28-07 08:54 AM, #27
                                                                                                     RE: Ok. So i'm going for the itb setup....., 2GeclipseRS, Aug-31-07 08:57 AM, #28
                                                                                                          RE: Ok. So i'm going for the itb setup....., AMM, Aug-31-07 09:21 AM, #29
                                                                                                               RE: Ok. So i'm going for the itb setup....., 2GeclipseRS, Sep-02-07 03:39 PM, #30
                                                                                                     RE: Ok. So i'm going for the itb setup....., McFox, Sep-02-07 04:52 PM, #31
                                                                                                          RE: Ok. So i'm going for the itb setup....., AMM, Sep-04-07 06:17 AM, #32
                                                                                                               RE: Ok. So i'm going for the itb setup....., 2GeclipseRS, Sep-04-07 07:45 AM, #33
                                                                                                                    RE: Ok. So i'm going for the itb setup....., AMM, Sep-04-07 09:04 AM, #34
                                                                                                                         RE: Ok. So i'm going for the itb setup....., 2GeclipseRS, Sep-04-07 09:10 AM, #35
                                                                                                                              RE: Ok. So i'm going for the itb setup....., powellds, Sep-04-07 01:11 PM, #36
                                                                                                                                   RE: Ok. So i'm going for the itb setup....., powellds, Nov-14-07 08:38 AM, #37
                                                                                                                                        RE: Ok. So i'm going for the itb setup....., Moderatorbullettdsm, Nov-14-07 09:26 AM, #38
                                                                                                                                             RE: Ok. So i'm going for the itb setup....., 2GeclipseRS, Nov-16-07 08:58 AM, #39
                                                                                                                                             RE: Ok. So i'm going for the itb setup....., TeamDR1665, Nov-16-07 11:06 AM, #40
                                                                                                                                             RE: Ok. So i'm going for the itb setup....., 2GeclipseRS, Nov-17-07 07:59 AM, #41
                                                                                                                                             RE: Ok. So i'm going for the itb setup....., AMM, Nov-17-07 12:48 PM, #42
                                                                                                                                             RE: Ok. So i'm going for the itb setup....., Moderatorbullettdsm, Nov-17-07 01:37 PM, #43
                                                                                                                                             RE: Ok. So i'm going for the itb setup....., AMM, Nov-17-07 03:15 PM, #44
                                                                                                                                             RE: Ok. So i'm going for the itb setup....., TeamDR1665, Nov-17-07 04:05 PM, #45
                                                                                                                                             RE: Ok. So i'm going for the itb setup....., AMM, Nov-17-07 04:18 PM, #46
                                                                                                                                             RE: Ok. So i'm going for the itb setup....., Moderatorbullettdsm, Nov-17-07 11:34 PM, #47
                                                                                                                                             RE: Ok. So i'm going for the itb setup....., TeamDR1665, Nov-18-07 06:16 AM, #48
                                                                                                                                             RE: Ok. So i'm going for the itb setup....., Moderatorbullettdsm, Nov-18-07 10:04 AM, #49

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #105690 Previous topic | Next topic