Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #103631
View in linear mode

Subject: "Power steering belt keeps coming off? Check this out!" Previous topic | Next topic
Slimyjr.Mar-26-07 04:25 AM
Member since Feb 08th 2007
212 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#103631, "Power steering belt keeps coming off? Check this out!"

Like my eclipse, my power steering belt insisted on pissing me off and keeps coming off so this weekend i decided to do something about it and came up with this writeup.

The most probable cause are stripped bolts. This is caused from the vibration from the car.(this was the promblem with mine).

1. First take out the three bolts.(2 are behind the pulley and are a pain in the ass to get. The other is the lower one closest to your headers).

2. Buy new bolts(pls make sure you get the right size...).

3. Put the new bolts in, put the belt on, use another wrench push the pulley forward so that the belt is nice and tight on the pulley.

4. Tighten the bolts(i mean really tighten)

If you do this correctly, your powersteering belt will no longer piss you off.lol.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Power steering belt keeps coming off? Check this out! [View all] , Slimyjr., Mar-26-07 04:25 AM
  RE: Power steering belt keeps coming off? Check this out!, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Mar-26-07 08:26 AM, #1
RE: Power steering belt keeps coming off? Check this out!, Slimyjr., Mar-27-07 04:06 AM, #2
      RE: Power steering belt keeps coming off? Check this out!, ThePerfectShift, Mar-28-07 04:00 AM, #3
           RE: Power steering belt keeps coming off? Check this out!, Slimyjr., Mar-28-07 04:16 AM, #4

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #103631 Previous topic | Next topic