Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Marketplace 2GNT Buy / Sell / Trade (BST) Bad Guys topic #490
View in linear mode

Subject: "R34Eclipse" Previous topic | Next topic
ModeratorbullettdsmNov-12-06 02:26 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2676 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#490, "R34Eclipse"

Finally getting around to posting this. Only the second time I have ever been forced to do this on any of my sites:

Short story; Bought an 97 ECU off this kid at his price ($60). I told him I needed it and he reiterated that it was indeed for a 97 5 sp. I wanted it so I could see the power differences between my AFX and stock ecu on the dyno (thought it would be cool to see). Tried to put it on (about 3 months later) it wouldn't even go on. Checked the numbers, it's for a 99. I contacted, he basically said "Oh well". So I tried it on a 99 and it wouldn't work. Car was all over the board.

I was going to give you a point by point but I'll just post up a cut and paste of the correspondence and you can decide if you want to ever buy from this kid:

RE: MTX ECU
To: R34Eclipse
Date: Oct 16th 2006
Originally posted by bullettdsm
Originally posted by R34Eclipse
dude thats what I was told it was when I bought it, I don't know what to tell ya.

So, The ECU doesn't even work!!!! Kinda rotten fuck shit to do. Hell what do you care? You don't have a need for 2gnt anymore so you figure, fuck it. You know burnt bridges are hard to cross when you need them. And Kharma can be a motherfucker who can look you up and find you sometime.

You should make this right.

MB

I'm not going to argue this out with you, I bought the ECU and never used it, I can't do anything but tell you I would have been in the same boat, this was also sold to you LONG ago, if it was a recent deal I would consider it, but how am I to know you didn't fry it trying to make it work. Sorry for the loss man but thats always a risk in buying used parts. As far as the year model goes, If it was that critical you should have asked for the numbers before you bought it, I don't know the difference in them other than what I was told when I bought it. If your that desperate for the $20-$30 i think i got for it then you don't need to be in this hobby. I'm not trying to burn any bridges, but at this point I can't do anything for you, I don't have another ECU, nor do I even own a 2gnt anymore, hence the distance in my responses, I only get on here to browse. I expect another argument to rise from this email but don't expect a response, I'm through with this deal. Like i said, you had plenty of time to come to me with this, which happened 5-6 months ago.
Delete | Reply

I think you can understand the breaks in conversation here. I didn't want to inject anything so you will know this is a direct cut and paste of his last PM. Apparently his numbers and his timing are a little blurry, but as you can see I should have expected this to happen and maybe I should pull out of this hobby.

Ok, your choice if you ever want to deal with this boy; A man stands up to his responsibilities and boy makes excuses and runs away,

MB

Captain Caveman

96 RS Turbo 11.414 @ 119.62 MSNS, Crower 2 NA cams, BW366, 10.5 comp, UDP, 60mm TB, W/A intercooler, 3.55 tranny 567.9whp 430tq
97 RS NA 13.188 @ 103.87 MSnS powered 12.5 comp, Crower 3's and 219.4whp with 175tq
98 RS DD 12.5 comp on stock ECU, LTH, Crower 2's, Koni, GC, Hypercoil, DG hats
99 OZ 5sp Stocker 15.856 @ 85.97
99 GS stocker auto 17.7@77mph!

wiki home page:http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=bullettdsm

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Top Team 2GNT Marketplace 2GNT Buy / Sell / Trade (BST) Bad Guys topic #490 Previous topic | Next topic