Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Marketplace 2GNT Buy / Sell / Trade (BST) Bad Guys topic #387
View in linear mode

Subject: "The good the bad the wtf?" Previous topic | Next topic
hayesjlOct-21-05 09:17 AM
Member since Aug 14th 2005
19 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#387, "The good the bad the wtf?"

Im really aggravated because the vendor I have been battling with just dont seem to give a shit. They are the nicest people you will talk to on the net but they have (ZERO) customer service or respect for business.

Concept Illusions.

I have been planning my build on here for some time and managed to find their page on one of the posts I read. They have really good info and prices. So I make an order for some things I wanted to do to my car.

I ordered intake kit, SAFC II, spec clutch, fuel filter. roughyl 1200.00

instant payment via paypal and I wait. After about a week I call to make sure they received my order since I never received any sort of confirmation other than the paypal you sent a payment email. The guy that answered is like uhhhh im sure your order is around here somewhere dude. Im concerned that I just tossed 1200 into a dirt hole. So I ask well is there anyway you can check to make sure.... I have my order # if that helps. So hes like what did you order? I told him what I ordered and hes like ummmm ya I dont see it but we get so many orders Im sure its here you should have your stuff in 4 - 10 days.

Not feeling 100% about that I wait 5 more days. I call back same guy same type of no clue info. At this point I am about to cancel my order because I have never seen anyone stay in business with this level of un-organization.

So I catch shawn on AOL. He also seems like nice guy talked for a while about cars etc.. So I feel better about the ppl I am dealing with since hes the owner and seems to have his head on right. So I tell him my concern about new order with them and that no clue wont cut it I need to know they have my order and they are taking care of it. He asures me that my order is there and that 2 of the items I ordered are on back order should be 4 - 6 days hopefully. So I tell him thanks and I wait 4 more days. I call in ask for shawn and hes tells me the 2 items are still on back order so I ask if I can make a change in my order. Hes like sure no problem. I drop the 2 back ordered items and pick up some more things that are there. I drop the intake and fuel rail and I pick up a fuel pump, injectors, EGR block off.

He takes changes and promptly refunds me the 200$ difference in my order. I ask when will it ship he says 2 - 3 days tops since the stuff I ordered in its place was in stock.

So 4 days later I get my LONG awaited shipment and what do I find.

USPS shipped $12.97 Dirt Devil box beat all to hell the parts inside not even packed to keep them from banging around in box. I open it and shit is all over the place in there. Had to sort out what came with what and check that it was even all there.

So I notice the clutch I ordered (Spec Stage 1 kit) from their site it says tage 1 Clutch Kit

Features:
High clamp pressure plate, steel-backed woven organic disk, bearings and tool. Billet steel flywheel included in kit.

I notice my kit was already opened and torn out of the plastic (could be from shipping) and there is no Billet steel flywheel in the kit. So I call (again). I get them on phone ask about the flywheel they say no way dont come with flywheel because thats an extra 300$ or so. I tell them that their web site says it does. They tell me that they are not responcible for typos on Specs web site. I remind them its on their site not specs. Still aggravated because I have bought 1200.00 worth of excuses I say make sure you change the wording on your site because it will only make ppl like me mad when you have a damaged flywheel and buy the kit because it says it comes with a new one.

OK so I notice also that I didnt receive my SAFC II. I ask about that and they tell me its on back order should be here today well ship out to you ASAP 2-3 days tops. (mail of course)

So here it is friday I call. Still no SAFC II they tell me it should be here today so youll have it ASAP monday tues tops. I tell him Ive heard that before (last monday) and still dont have it. He tells me that he tracked it on the web it will be there today. I say ok thanks.

So understand the following:

Im pissed that they have a good business going and seem to be pissing it away. They have some great guys up there. Sean, Shawn, Paul, Jude.... couple others I havent talked to but hear they are nice also.

They have no organizational skills at all. I think they keep track of orders using email. Their shipping from my experience is over priced and under quality.

Id rather call in and have someone tell me I see your order here its etc.... items and I am sorry to inform you that we need a couple of days 15 to be exact so that we can get the parts here because we are experiencing more volume than we have people to cover it.

I would say oh ok well please keep me informed on updates I want to know when my stuff comes in and when its being shipped. If there is any extension on delay I want to know about it and why if possible.

I dont want to have to baby sit my order daily and still not have a clue as to wether or not you even own a business other than a web site taking money.

Current status:
waiting on my SAFC II so that I can put my now down 5 - 6 weeks car back together. "should be here today hope to have my mon - tues".

To CI:
Dont get me wrong I want to see you do well. You have good prices and nice people you just really need help on how to run a business. Even with a one bay garage I could out perform your entire team of order packers and processors by myself. (including answer phone and email.)

We only have one shop here locally and they are on some sort of 500% markup I think. SAFC II 499$ in stock always etc... pay for having it now type place.

So when I found CI with a small business people person feel I was excited because I have alot of large projects in the works and I buy and need to buy alot of parts to make these happen. I dont really like ordering from the big places that have no clue what they are selling let alone what its used for or personal experince with the products.

Small shops generally use the parts they sell so you can ask hey what you think about OBX intakes? And usually someone will tell you well we like this part about it but dont like this but in all its best for $$.

Would I order from CI again? Only if its a project Im in no hurry on. I mean really I was expecting 1 - 2 weeks on parts and I get a month and half and still dont have it all. I ordered an entire engine, transmission, axels, guages, suspension among other parts and had tracking numbers before I even knew if CI had my order. I had the other parts in 5 - 10 days with quality UPS shiping packed and nothing broken or beat to death. (happy customer)

Dirt Devil box beat to hell sent el cheapo slow boat to china shipping (not happy customer)

Any how its your business to lose I guess so best wishes Id like to see you clean it up I need a solid shop to order from.

Anyone ordering from CI or had good experiences add them here Im sure there has to be some redemption out there.

-95GS-ST

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Top Team 2GNT Marketplace 2GNT Buy / Sell / Trade (BST) Bad Guys topic #387 Previous topic | Next topic