Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #8807
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: Sticky shifter" Previous topic | Next topic
hernandoJul-01-11 10:14 AM
Member since Jan 18th 2011
29 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#8817, "RE: Sticky shifter"
In response to In response to 4

Originally posted by RoninEclipse2G
Like Bullet said, check your cables first. If the bushings are shot, clips are missing or the cable is bent it can prevent things from fully engaging. Another thing to check would be for a bent/broken clutch fork. If the clutch isn't disengaging or the cables aren't fully actuating the gears then you'll get the same symptoms.

Is there a specific way to test the cables? I've put ATF 4+ oil in it and swapped it out twice so far. These problems started happening 2wks after I changed the clutch. I will re-check all of them thorougly and start posting pictures to see if someone can see what i'm not seeing.

Where can I order new cables? (junk yards RARELY have this vehicle)
Is there a set i can buy that will replace the cables, bushings, pins?

I took it out yesterday to see if time might of solved the issue, worked before with other cars, and it was working fine till the engine warmed up...so i shifted slowly and revved slowly, never passed 3k, and what happened was the tranny worked fine till i shifted into 3rd gear.

I will take it out again and see what happens if i avoid the 3rd gear all together. 3rd gear gets thrown out and then jacks up the whole shifting by holding onto gears, not shifting and what i hate the most it will engage a gear when i have the clutch in and cause the car to jerk hard so i brake to make it stop.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Sticky shifter [View all] , hernando, Jun-18-11 09:42 PM
  RE: Sticky shifter, Moderatorbullettdsm, Jun-19-11 05:47 AM, #1
RE: Sticky shifter, hernando, Jun-19-11 02:36 PM, #2
      RE: Sticky shifter, hernando, Jun-19-11 05:01 PM, #3
           RE: Sticky shifter, RoninEclipse2G, Jun-30-11 04:02 PM, #4
                RE: Sticky shifter, hernando, Jul-01-11 10:14 AM #5
                     RE: Sticky shifter, RoninEclipse2G, Jul-01-11 05:12 PM, #6
                          RE: Sticky shifter, hernando, Aug-02-11 10:05 AM, #7

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #8807 Previous topic | Next topic