Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 3 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #7512
View in linear mode

Subject: "Well, here is Mike@RRE's response" Previous topic | Next topic
ModeratorjuanFeb-28-01 01:10 PM
Donating 2GNT member
817 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#7514, "Well, here is Mike@RRE's response"
In response to In response to 1

MikeW, the God of the DSM world, has provided me with some excellent info, listed below. At some point when this whole deal is over I'll write this up and post it on the web site for anyone else encountering this problem to use.

Myself, I wish I knew how these mechanical bits worked well enough to be able to argue myself. Until that day, I'm glad we have guys like Mike on our side...

juan

<<<
Full uneducated bull shit.

They will need to prove it. If the car was so low that was actually happening, there will be proof. You and the dumb a$$ service advisor will pull apart the inner CV joints. The inner joints have the free play in them to allow the axles to move in and out as the suspension moves up and down through an arc. As it moves, the distance between the tranny and wheel bearing hub changes. The inner joint allows that to happen. If the car was so low that the axles were jamming into the transmission hard enough to kill the diff bearings, there will be obvious damage and wear marks on the inside of the inner CV joint. You will see where it was bottoming out inside the joint, and that would be driving the joint into the transmission. You would also see marks on the joint where it was wearing further into the transmission. There wont be a mark on it.

Tell the dealer you want the zone rep to come out and get involved.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Those with tranny problems - pls read [View all] , Moderatorjuan, Feb-28-01 12:37 PM
  RE: Those with tranny problems - pls read, TeamStan2gnt, Feb-28-01 12:56 PM, #1
Well, here is Mike@RRE's response, Moderatorjuan, Feb-28-01 01:10 PM #2
RE: Those with tranny problems - pls read, XT_DSM, Feb-28-01 01:21 PM, #3
      RE: Those with tranny problems - pls read, eclipsekaiser, Feb-28-01 01:26 PM, #4
How low are you?, Skrilla, Feb-28-01 04:29 PM, #5
RE: How low are you?, Moderatorjuan, Feb-28-01 06:50 PM, #6
      RE: How low are you?, eclipsekaiser, Feb-28-01 07:15 PM, #7
      RE: How low are you?, XT_DSM, Feb-28-01 08:40 PM, #8
      RE: How low are you?, TeamStan2gnt, Mar-01-01 12:27 AM, #9
           also consider Dan at allmitsubishi.com, TeamDeanoD, Mar-01-01 12:38 AM, #10
      I'm all over it, Skrilla, Mar-01-01 08:28 AM, #11

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #7512 Previous topic | Next topic