Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #4225
View in linear mode

Subject: "Clutch ?'s need some expert opinions please..." Previous topic | Next topic
KirbyApr-14-05 07:27 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2181 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4225, "Clutch ?'s need some expert opinions please..."
Apr-14-05 07:27 AM by Kirby

Ok so my clutch is starting to slip so I'm looking at getting a new CM stage 4 disk. (my current setup is the non-mod. CM stage 4 with alum. flywheel) I called clutch masters to get a price on a disk replacement and they told me I would need to send it in to them to be done. They said I would need a new insert for the flywheel, and they would have to do some work with the pressure plate to ensure that the tollerences are ok (said something about putting a new ring in). So they said it would be around $350 and I would have to send it to them in cali for the work. This is my DD though so I can't afford a week of downtime. This is where I need some info, I know I was talking to sales and they try to make the most money they can, but if I look around I see all the rebuild kits for non mod clutches, and all they are is a TOB and a disk. So can I just get the disk, or if I buy the disk and the new insert for the flywheel can I just bolt it all back together or will the pressure plate need work too?

I edited to the wiki!

Originally posted by DR1665
NOTE TO SELF: Go commando to wedding. Scar the Irishman for life.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Clutch ?'s need some expert opinions please... [View all] , Kirby, Apr-14-05 07:27 AM
  RE: Clutch ?'s need some expert opinions please..., techboy, Apr-15-05 08:48 AM, #1
RE: Clutch ?'s need some expert opinions please..., Kirby, Apr-15-05 12:41 PM, #2
      RE: Clutch ?'s need some expert opinions please..., techboy, Apr-15-05 06:06 PM, #3
           RE: Clutch ?'s need some expert opinions please..., Chamuko, Apr-16-05 12:40 PM, #4

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #4225 Previous topic | Next topic