Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #3893
View in linear mode

Subject: "--Newbie clutch question... need help" Previous topic | Next topic
wongb18cJan-15-05 09:29 PM
Member since Jul 03rd 2004
25 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3893, "--Newbie clutch question... need help"

When it comes to cars I don't know much at all. My car is a 99 RS with over 110,xxx. Bought it used, don't know when the clutch was last changed. Lately when driving, I noticed taking off the car stutters or how do you say kind of 'bounces' or bogs a little. Whatever it is the clutch engagment isn't smooth. Also, the car stutters sometimes even after the clutch is fully engaged as I step on the gas. My question is, is this a sign that I need to change my clutch? If I take it to mechanic how much am I looking at? .

Another thing is recently, I been driving around w/o an air filter for a few days. I know isn't good for the car, but could it be that particles were sucked into the motor causing this 'stuttering'? The reason I ask this is that my CEL went on. I know I shouldn't be driving the car with no air filter but I'm going to put one on soon just didn't have the time, been busy. Anyways... just wanted to ask a few simple questions as to what the problem might be ... the stuttering of the car is not servere, but enough to make the car bounce, and with the CEL light on, I know something is wrong. One last question, should I tell the mechanic to change the oil b/c of this?

('.') Q(''Q) ('.'(O=(''Q) (*.*) t("t )

无论是远近什么世纪 在天堂拥抱或荒野流离我爱你我敢去未知的任何命运

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

--Newbie clutch question... need help [View all] , wongb18c, Jan-15-05 09:29 PM
  RE: --Newbie clutch question... need help, wongb18c, Jan-15-05 09:52 PM, #1
RE: --Newbie clutch question... need help, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Jan-16-05 03:20 AM, #2
      RE: --Newbie clutch question... need help, talonguy2005, Jan-16-05 09:09 AM, #3
           RE: --Newbie clutch question... need help, wongb18c, Jan-16-05 10:04 AM, #4
                RE: --Newbie clutch question... need help, talonguy2005, Jan-16-05 06:26 PM, #5

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #3893 Previous topic | Next topic