Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #3901
View in linear mode

Subject: "Trans. bellhousing changing? Can I do it? Please help." Previous topic | Next topic
TKIJan-17-05 02:04 PM
Member since Oct 05th 2002
528 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3901, "Trans. bellhousing changing? Can I do it? Please help."

Ok,

On christmas morning about 12:30am my trans busted (3) holes through it. Well, I JB welded them back up, but it still leaks a little. I bought another one from a guy I know that owns a junk yard for $250. The car that it came out of was hit in the front-end and the bell housing on the new trans has a small chunk missing out of it. About an 1 or so long and it starts about 3/4 of an inch tall and gets smaller and smaller towards the end.

Now, my question is, can I unbolt and change the bell housing pretty simply without gears flying out b/c Ive never taken a trans apart and I dont want to screw something up. Im a pretty experienced mechanic but I just hate to fool with trannys.

Any help is appreciated!

'95 Eclipse RS (sold)
'99 Eclipse GS OZ (sold)
'90 Eclipse GST (sold)
'90 Talon TSI AWD (sold)
'94 Plymouth Laser RS (sold)
'04 Audi A4 Quattro 1.8t (sold)
'08 Silverado LTZ (daily)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Trans. bellhousing changing? Can I do it? Please help. [View all] , TKI, Jan-17-05 02:04 PM
  RE: Trans. bellhousing changing? Can I do it? Please help., Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Jan-18-05 05:44 AM, #1
RE: Trans. bellhousing changing? Can I do it? Please help., grain, Jan-18-05 12:28 PM, #2
      RE: Trans. bellhousing changing? Can I do it? Please help., Ducking_Fumbass, Jan-18-05 02:32 PM, #3

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #3901 Previous topic | Next topic