Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 3 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #214
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: Help, I think my clutch might be dying..." Previous topic | Next topic
TeamStan2gntMar-19-03 12:25 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2216 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#225, "RE: Help, I think my clutch might be dying..."
In response to In response to 3

>yeah i have kindda the same question.. IF my clutch is
>going..it was replaced like 20k miles ago or so.. i think it's
>just an OEM clutch from mitsubishi..

From a person who's had 5 tranny's and even more clutches usually ruff shifting,difficulty engaging gears is usually paranioa or the tranny itself. But you have a 4G63, Im speaking Venture/420A tranny.

but if i were to get a
>new clutch..like an ACT2100 or ACT2600 clutch..would i be able
>to do it myself..i've never worked on suspension in my
>car..most of my mods are just easy bolt ons and mainly i just
>work with electrical stuff like wiring up gauges and turbo
>timers and stuff..

If you havent pulled a tranny or helped somebody pull a tranny please dont try and do it yourself unless you are doing it with somebody who's done it (which is how you learn to do it, not self learning). Suspension,turbo's and bolt ons are nothing compared to dropping a tranny. Not that its complex but without a lift and a serious tool collection it might be a bitch. A clutch job is only about $200-300 labor. If your getting had it might cost $400-450max. I never paid more than $250.

do any shops do this or would i have
>to go to a performance shop?

Some performance shops may do it cheap if you buy the clutch from them but otherwise you might be better off and done quicker going to a transmission shop. If they actually work on it from morning by 2pm they will be finished easily

Would you guys recommend a high
>performance clutch or a stock OEM clutch.. right now i'm
>running about 15-16 pounds of boost on my GST. oh yeah..sorry
>for hijacking your post.. but yeah what are your symptons of
>dying clutches cause i wanna know that too.

you should but in a clutch now that will hold all you plan to throw at it in the future. That why I have this in mine:

:farfrommugen:
Yes I still own a 2gnt.
Damn right I've been here longer than U
klassic_liven@yahoo.com

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Help, I think my clutch might be dying... [View all] , MajinVejitaXV, Mar-19-03 04:32 AM
  RE: Help, I think my clutch might be dying..., ClipseRST, Mar-19-03 05:50 AM, #1
RE: Help, I think my clutch might be dying..., MajinVejitaXV, Mar-19-03 06:07 AM, #2
      RE: Help, I think my clutch might be dying..., invaznGST, Mar-19-03 06:45 AM, #3
           RE: Help, I think my clutch might be dying..., TeamStan2gnt, Mar-19-03 12:25 PM #4
RE: Help, I think my clutch might be dying..., susk, Mar-20-03 10:58 AM, #5
RE: Help, I think my clutch might be dying..., Synthplaya, Mar-22-03 06:30 AM, #6
RE: Help, I think my clutch might be dying..., TeamStan2gnt, Mar-23-03 03:21 AM, #7

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #214 Previous topic | Next topic