Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #7351
View in linear mode

Subject: "Clutch woes..." Previous topic | Next topic
dsmracr420aSep-03-08 12:59 PM
Member since Oct 16th 2006
64 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#7351, "Clutch woes..."
Sep-03-08 01:02 PM by dsmracr420a

So, here's the deal, about 2 days ago I started to have problems shifting. It wasn't bad just a little notchy, but then today I'm driving down the road, went to shift, and the clutch pedal went to the floor. I limp it to the parts store thinking it was the slave cylinder and I could do a quick parking lot fix. Alas it was not to be, the slave was working fine but was all the way extended and was not even touching the clutch fork anymore. I have the Unorthodox racing 6 puck with the bigger VR6 flywheel and pressure plate. So, do you think I'm looking at a broken clutch fork or pivot, or a trashed pressure plate. I have had a problem before where the sleeve that the TOB rides on broke off the tranny, and it acted the same way, but that made a shitload of noise, and I didn't hear anything this time. Thanks for the help.

Edit: I heard you can use a stock PT Cruiser clutch as a cheap performance clutch. Thoughts on that?

Project 2.4/Big ass turbo now underway....

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Clutch woes... [View all] , dsmracr420a, Sep-03-08 12:59 PM
  RE: Clutch woes..., dsmracr420a, Sep-05-08 10:53 AM, #1
RE: Clutch woes..., Moderatorbullettdsm, Sep-05-08 04:20 PM, #2
      results.., dsmracr420a, Sep-08-08 02:18 PM, #3

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #7351 Previous topic | Next topic