Go back to previous topic
Forum nameManual Trans - NV-T350
Topic subjectClutch woes...
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=34&topic_id=7351
7351, Clutch woes...
Posted by dsmracr420a, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
So, here's the deal, about 2 days ago I started to have problems shifting. It wasn't bad just a little notchy, but then today I'm driving down the road, went to shift, and the clutch pedal went to the floor. I limp it to the parts store thinking it was the slave cylinder and I could do a quick parking lot fix. Alas it was not to be, the slave was working fine but was all the way extended and was not even touching the clutch fork anymore. I have the Unorthodox racing 6 puck with the bigger VR6 flywheel and pressure plate. So, do you think I'm looking at a broken clutch fork or pivot, or a trashed pressure plate. I have had a problem before where the sleeve that the TOB rides on broke off the tranny, and it acted the same way, but that made a shitload of noise, and I didn't hear anything this time. Thanks for the help.

Edit: I heard you can use a stock PT Cruiser clutch as a cheap performance clutch. Thoughts on that?
7352, RE: Clutch woes...
I don't think I was clear, the clutch fork is pushed all the way back so that the pushrod won't touch it even when it is all the way extended, and it seems loose. I can jiggle it back and forth freely along the axis it normally moves in. I can't get this taken apart for a couple weeks but would like some opinions so I can get some parts ordered at least.
7353, RE: Clutch woes...
Posted by bullettdsm, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Pull out the rubber seal for the fork and peak in to see what you can see. We can suspect a lot, but looking is the best bet.

Yeah the pt is a great upgrade to get.

7355, results..
It turns out that the fork was broken nearly in half and bent at about a 45 degree angle. I was happy it wasn't my clutch until the dealer told me they couldn't get it til Monday. No other damage though.
I generated this page in 0.011910200119019 seconds, executing 7 queries.