Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 3 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #5037
View in linear mode

Subject: "Yeah...figured out TOB rattle..read if having problem" Previous topic | Next topic
SemperboostJan-14-06 07:07 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1072 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5037, "Yeah...figured out TOB rattle..read if having problem"

So I posted earlier about this stupid TOB rattle and I replaced the bearing 2 weeks ago and it was happening again. So I was taking a look at the fork and bearing by just removing the slave cylinder and peeking around inside. I had my wife start the car and was feeling the fork for vibrations...none. Didn't feel like the bearing was bad. I first suspected the rattling was the fork or bearing because I broke the tabs off the bearing. But this confirmed that the noise was not the TOB. So I was thinking what else could it be. I remembered when I pulled the tranny last time that the starter plate bolts were kinda loose. So I tightened them up, easy cuz I didn't replace the cover. THAT WAS IT!! No more rattle. I'm gonna get some Locktite and make sure they don't come loose again. Hope this helps anyone having this problem.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Yeah...figured out TOB rattle..read if having problem [View all] , Semperboost, Jan-14-06 07:07 AM
  RE: Yeah...figured out TOB rattle..read if having problem, DanKid, Jan-16-06 03:01 AM, #1
RE: Yeah...figured out TOB rattle..read if having problem, Semperboost, Jan-16-06 04:49 AM, #2

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #5037 Previous topic | Next topic