Go back to previous topic
Forum nameManual Trans - NV-T350
Topic subjectYeah...figured out TOB rattle..read if having problem
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=34&topic_id=5037
5037, Yeah...figured out TOB rattle..read if having problem
Posted by Semperboost, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
So I posted earlier about this stupid TOB rattle and I replaced the bearing 2 weeks ago and it was happening again. So I was taking a look at the fork and bearing by just removing the slave cylinder and peeking around inside. I had my wife start the car and was feeling the fork for vibrations...none. Didn't feel like the bearing was bad. I first suspected the rattling was the fork or bearing because I broke the tabs off the bearing. But this confirmed that the noise was not the TOB. So I was thinking what else could it be. I remembered when I pulled the tranny last time that the starter plate bolts were kinda loose. So I tightened them up, easy cuz I didn't replace the cover. THAT WAS IT!! No more rattle. I'm gonna get some Locktite and make sure they don't come loose again. Hope this helps anyone having this problem.
5038, RE: Yeah...figured out TOB rattle..read if having problem
Posted by DanKid, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I am having a similar problem. I have a wierd rattle going on that sounds like metal clanking. I took the car to the mechanic and had the whole clutch assembly replaced and the car was good for a month and now the clanking is back. I hope it's the starter plate bolts like you say cause I searched on here and the only other rattling noise people mention is a spun rod. Is it hard to get to get starter plate bolts??
5039, RE: Yeah...figured out TOB rattle..read if having problem
Posted by Semperboost, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I don't know what the cover looks like cuz it was removed a long time ago but it's located where the tranny meets the engine, to the right of the crossmember at the bottom of tranny. It is a pain trying to get a wrench up there cuz of the crossmember is right next to it. I got an extension and placed the socket wrench near the oil filter (18mm) then I turned the crank with another wrench (19mm). Hope this helps.
Alvin

http://www.cardomain.com/id/96rst
I generated this page in 0.015912055969238 seconds, executing 7 queries.