Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #4385
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: SPEC stage 3: known problems, post if you're involved" Previous topic | Next topic
jamesmanJun-20-05 07:55 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1339 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4562, "RE: SPEC stage 3: known problems, post if you're involved"
In response to In response to 7

I Replaced my clutch this weekend and I found the defective part on the spec clutch that causes our problem.

I want to know if all the people with this problem is seeing it on clutches using the luk pressure plate. this is the one that lookes like it has ramps on the cover and it has 2 sets of fingers that the TO bearing would press on.

This cover also has 3 coil springs on the outside in a circular pattern evenly spaced.

well this is what I found out.

The LUK clutch acutally has a compensating feature to keep the diaphram spring fingers in the same location regardless of the wear on the flywheel, disk and pressure plate. this is a disk that has a rotational camming action that works against the blue cover "ramps". what this thing is "supposed" to do from what i can tell, is that every time you step on the clutch the plate will rotate from the pressure of the 3 springs pushing it which would take up the slack between the diaphram spring and the cover. it is the actual part that the spring pivots on, or it presses on this pivot. well, its basically a wear compensator. On my clutch. the areas where the 3 springs press on the plate were totally bent outta wack so the plate could not rotate, therefore not allowing the cam function to take up the slack. I kept adjusting my clutch pedal for more throw. if the cam assembly does not work the diaphram spring fingers will continue to come out of the cover towards the engine pressing on the TO bearing and eventually you will run out of Slave cylinder throw and the clutch will not disengage.
I know i received this clutch like this because the paint on the springs and the associated assembly had not been disturbed, even after 10k miles.

I wonder if SPEC will do anything for us on this. It looks like it was due to poor assembly and quality control at SPEC.

the pressure plate surface, disk, and flywheel are all in great condition. I bent all the crap back into place where it should be and put some pressure on the clutch and I saw the cam plate rotate into the proper position.

lates
James

Rest In Peace Heidi Doggy

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

SPEC stage 3: known problems, post if you're involved [View all] , turbo8u, May-25-05 11:54 AM
  RE: SPEC stage 3: known problems, post if you're involved, Teamdougie2, May-25-05 12:32 PM, #1
RE: SPEC stage 3: known problems, post if you're involved, grain, May-25-05 05:23 PM, #2
RE: SPEC stage 3: known problems, post if you're involved, Teamner947, May-25-05 06:19 PM, #3
RE: SPEC stage 3: known problems, post if you're involved, jamesman, May-25-05 07:33 PM, #4
      RE: SPEC stage 3: known problems, post if you're involved, totaleklipse97, May-26-05 12:18 PM, #5
RE: SPEC stage 3: known problems, post if you're involved, spool, May-28-05 03:52 AM, #6
RE: SPEC stage 3: known problems, post if you're involved, rs-pssst, Jun-05-05 07:35 AM, #7
RE: SPEC stage 3: known problems, post if you're involved, jamesman, Jun-20-05 07:55 AM #8
      RE: SPEC stage 3: known problems, post if you're involved, eclipticrider, Jul-21-05 02:46 AM, #9
           RE: SPEC stage 3: known problems, post if you're involved, turbo8u, Aug-17-05 09:55 AM, #10
                RE: SPEC stage 3: known problems, post if you're involved, RyaN95i4, Nov-27-05 06:07 PM, #11
                     RE: SPEC stage 3: known problems, post if you're involved, grain, Nov-27-05 06:17 PM, #12
                          RE: SPEC stage 3: known problems, post if you're involved, sike, Nov-29-05 09:22 AM, #13
                               RE: SPEC stage 3: known problems, post if you're involved, .bs0d, Nov-30-05 05:38 PM, #14
                                    RE: SPEC stage 3: known problems, post if you're involved, RyaN95i4, Dec-02-05 07:45 AM, #15
                                         RE: SPEC stage 3: known problems, post if you're involved, XMasta19, Jan-31-06 03:44 PM, #16
                                              RE: SPEC stage 3: known problems, post if you're involved, HadesOmega, Feb-13-06 11:17 AM, #17
                                                   RE: SPEC stage 3: known problems, post if you're involved, XMasta19, Feb-16-06 11:21 AM, #18
                                                        RE: SPEC stage 3: known problems, post if you're involved, zyrusp, Mar-16-06 08:33 AM, #19
                                                             RE: SPEC stage 3: known problems, post if you're involved, XMasta19, Mar-19-06 03:47 PM, #20
                                                                  RE: SPEC stage 3: known problems, post if you're involved, baxsom, Mar-22-06 12:27 AM, #21
                                                                       RE: SPEC stage 3: known problems, post if you're involved, XMasta19, Mar-22-06 09:33 AM, #22
                                                                            RE: SPEC stage 3: known problems, post if you're involved, PiKapp504, Apr-04-06 05:31 AM, #23

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #4385 Previous topic | Next topic