Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #892
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Tranny whine?!?!?!?!?!(long guy)" Previous topic | Next topic
InFiNiT3May-16-03 10:33 AM
Member since Sep 01st 2002
732 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#892, "Tranny whine?!?!?!?!?!(long guy)"

ok guys check this out.........at idol the car sounds fine ,at low rpms the car sounds fine..... at 4k rpms i get a real high pitch whine under the hood so i pull back in my driveway and open the hood i dont hear it much so i rev the car a lil and i hear a terrible whine almost like a turbo spooling @ 10000 rpms . So what i do is get a broomstick (no broom) and start poking around listening to the motor at idol.... i find out the whine is comming from where the motor and tranny connect... so im thinking torqe converter???? maybe..... I end up hauling ass down to autozone (they closed in like 10 mins) buying tranny fluid and a new filter...i swap filters and fluid and now the noise is gone even at high rev.... but ive got a gut feeling this is only a temp. fix. my question is WTF could it be.......there is 87k on the trany.
help me out guys....
BTW if anyones from the so-cal riverside/north county area hit me up.

Thanks

97' Eclpse GS 420A
MODS*****
AEM cam Gears
MSD ignition
Chikira 4-2-1 header
Custom 3" exhast
Pacsetter hi-flo

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Tranny whine?!?!?!?!?!(long guy) [View all] , InFiNiT3, May-16-03 10:33 AM
  RE: Tranny whine?!?!?!?!?!(long guy), ZERO1997RS, May-22-03 12:14 AM, #1
RE: Tranny whine?!?!?!?!?!(long guy), InFiNiT3, May-23-03 09:54 PM, #2
RE: Tranny whine?!?!?!?!?!(long guy), ZERO1997RS, May-28-03 03:27 PM, #3

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #892 Previous topic | Next topic