Go back to previous topic
Forum nameAuto Trans- A604
Topic subjectTranny whine?!?!?!?!?!(long guy)
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=33&topic_id=892
892, Tranny whine?!?!?!?!?!(long guy)
Posted by InFiNiT3, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
ok guys check this out.........at idol the car sounds fine ,at low rpms the car sounds fine..... at 4k rpms i get a real high pitch whine under the hood so i pull back in my driveway and open the hood i dont hear it much so i rev the car a lil and i hear a terrible whine almost like a turbo spooling @ 10000 rpms c:thumbsup . So what i do is get a broomstick (no broom) and start poking around listening to the motor at idol.... i find out the whine is comming from where the motor and tranny connect... so im thinking torqe converter???? maybe..... I end up hauling ass down to autozone (they closed in like 10 mins) buying tranny fluid and a new filter...i swap filters and fluid and now the noise is gone even at high rev.... but ive got a gut feeling this is only a temp. fix. my question is WTF could it be.......there is 87k on the trany.
help me out guys....
BTW if anyones from the so-cal riverside/north county area hit me up.

Thanks

97' Eclpse GS 420A
MODS*****
AEM cam Gears
MSD ignition
Chikira 4-2-1 header
Custom 3" exhast
Pacsetter hi-flo
934, RE: Tranny whine?!?!?!?!?!(long guy)
Posted by ZERO1997RS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Hey did you ever get a price quote on that problem? I thought i was the only one with that situation. Im going nuts over it. Im kin'da new here. im just trying to get some help.
949, RE: Tranny whine?!?!?!?!?!(long guy)
Posted by InFiNiT3, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
i HAD MY TRANNY FLUSHED... SEEM'D TO HELP THE PROBLEM... BENN RUNNING IT FOR ABOUT A WEEK NOW... AND HAVEN'T HEARD IT WHINE YET..
THE FLUSH W/ FLUID COST ME ABOUT 70$ BUT IM SHURE YOU COULD GET IT CHEEPER...TRY IT... IT'S A HELL OF ALOT CHEEPER THAN A REBUILD....

LET ME KNOW

97' Eclpse GS 420A
MODS*****
AEM cam Gears
MSD ignition
Chikira 4-2-1 header
Custom 3" exhast
Pacsetter hi-flo c
996, RE: Tranny whine?!?!?!?!?!(long guy)
Posted by ZERO1997RS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I'll give it a shot this payday. Hopefully that will fix the prob. Now all I have to do is get that damn chk eng light off. A mitsu dealer is running a test for 80 bucks. I hope nothing is really bad.:thumbsup
I generated this page in 0.018679857254028 seconds, executing 7 queries.