Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #3929
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: I've been having a problem with a strange sound." Previous topic | Next topic
DracasJan-17-06 03:07 PM
Member since Jan 09th 2004
330 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3934, "RE: I've been having a problem with a strange sound."
In response to In response to 1

I put it in the A604 section because I thought it was coming from the shifter area originally, so I was thinking maybe something in the auto's shifter assembly could come loose and rattle. It might belong in general, I was just thinking "auto" when I was trying to figure it out. Sorry bout that.

It's not in any specific gear, just a specific RPM range. It's from 5k to about 6k, in all gears that I can reach that in.

I think I'm going to try to take the heat shielding off the cat, and see if that changes anything. From where I am sitting I know that the sound is coming from the shifter area, or under it if it's the cat. The sheilding doesn't feel loose, but I'll try taking messing around with it.

I was also thinking it might be a screw or bolt that came loose under the shifter, so I'll be taking that apart when it warms up.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

I've been having a problem with a strange sound. [View all] , Dracas, Jan-16-06 12:57 PM
  RE: I've been having a problem with a strange sound., Keith2172, Jan-17-06 05:09 AM, #1
RE: I've been having a problem with a strange sound., Dracas, Jan-17-06 03:07 PM #2

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #3929 Previous topic | Next topic