Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Marketplace 2GNT Buy / Sell / Trade (BST) topic #1238
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: WTB: alternator asap" Previous topic | Next topic
SPL_EclipseOct-25-02 04:45 AM
Member since Mar 11th 2002
5921 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1239, "RE: WTB: alternator asap"
In response to In response to 0

hey ive got one! heres the deal though:

about 2 months ago, my headlights started dimming to the bass a little more than normal, so i think "hey, my alts starting to fail". next couple of weeks i start getting alternator whine through the speakers, so i think "hey, my voltage regulator must be going bad because its sending an a/c ripple through the d/c". a week later, it all stopped. no problems at all. i replaced the alternator with a higher aperage unit (somthing id been meaning to do anyways), but when i took the stock one out it was still acting fine. no auto place around here will test it for me though, because they dont have the right equipment. and the whole point of this is..... i have an alternator, its still good, but i dont know how long it will last (i cant se it failing for another 6 months or so at the very least). it seemed to be working fine when i removed it, but ive had minor problems in the past with it (only when the stereo was up, the rest of the time it was fine).

normally i wouldnt sell somthing that might be damaged, but in your case it sounds like you might have some other electrical problem (alts. dont normaly explode), so i figure if you can get a cheap one in there to "test the waters", it might be better than buying a brand new one and having it blow.

ill let mine go for $20 just to cover shipping and my time.

you can get replacment OEM ones at autozone, etc. for about 180. i chose to get this one cause its higher output and only a little more.

http://www.4alterstart.com/pages/store/skudetail.nhtml?profile=highoutputalternators&uid=10662&catuid=10013&returnURL=http%3A//www.4alterstart.com/highoutputalternators

hope that helps some! send me an email at vinsonjosh@hotmail.com if youre interested.

:shhh: i do cocaine :/shhh:

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

WTB: alternator asap [View all] , dsmark, Oct-25-02 02:09 AM
  RE: WTB: alternator asap, SPL_Eclipse, Oct-25-02 04:45 AM #1

Top Team 2GNT Marketplace 2GNT Buy / Sell / Trade (BST) topic #1238 Previous topic | Next topic