Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #274
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: How to launch on manuel?" Previous topic | Next topic
ExcessTalonESiJan-19-02 05:48 PM
Old School 2GNTer
223 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#275, "RE: How to launch on manuel?"
In response to In response to 0

Well, this is what I did for my launches when I was naturally aspirated (no boost or NOS, just stock engine). I held the clutch in and reved the car to 3 - 3 1/2 grand, then I would sidestep the clutch (basically slide your foot off the side of the clutch pedal as fast as I could) and then floored it. I would get tire spin for about a second then catch traction and go. Well, to help you with some terms:

Drop/Pop/Sidestep the clutch: All basically the same thing, where you take your foot off the clutch as fast and you can after reving it.

Slipping the clutch: You remember when you first learned to drive a manual and when you were starting you would let the clutch go a little until you felt the gears grab and then you'd let it go? Well, that's slipping the clutch.

Letting out the clutch: Just your normal driving.

Hopefully that's what you wanted to know, bro!

~Darby Ellis
2004 Mazda 6 Sedan w/auto-dimming mirror w/homelink and compass, Sportkit w/spoiler, Bose system upgrades

Formerly:

*'96 Eagle Talon ESi-T (TOTALED) = Mods: HRC Stage 2 turbokit / Pilot Motorsports Short Throw / Tokico Illuminas (5 way externally adjustable) / Eibach Pro-Kit

*2003 Nissan Altima (stock)

AIM: ExcessTalonESi
E-Mail: JediDarby16@hotmail.com

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

How to launch on manuel? [View all] , xEclipsE RaceRx, Jan-19-02 05:32 PM
  RE: How to launch on manuel?, ExcessTalonESi, Jan-19-02 05:48 PM #1
RE: How to launch on manuel?, SaberKhan, Jan-19-02 05:58 PM, #2
      RE: How to launch on manuel?, xEclipsE RaceRx, Jan-20-02 07:52 AM, #3
           I wouldn't dump the clutch, ModeratorVX100, Jan-20-02 11:01 AM, #4

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #274 Previous topic | Next topic