Go back to previous topic
Forum nameReal Racing
Topic subjectHow to launch on manuel?
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=11&topic_id=274
274, How to launch on manuel?
Posted by xEclipsE RaceRx, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Just trying to launch fast with out changing tire pressure and stuff like that, and go easy on the slang... drop, dunk, slip. What ive been doin is just hold down the clutch while in first then punch then floor it on green. I kno there has to be a better way, Ive tried reading the other post but I cant understand drop, slip and all them other words.
275, RE: How to launch on manuel?
Posted by ExcessTalonESi, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Well, this is what I did for my launches when I was naturally aspirated (no boost or NOS, just stock engine). I held the clutch in and reved the car to 3 - 3 1/2 grand, then I would sidestep the clutch (basically slide your foot off the side of the clutch pedal as fast as I could) and then floored it. I would get tire spin for about a second then catch traction and go. Well, to help you with some terms:

Drop/Pop/Sidestep the clutch: All basically the same thing, where you take your foot off the clutch as fast and you can after reving it.

Slipping the clutch: You remember when you first learned to drive a manual and when you were starting you would let the clutch go a little until you felt the gears grab and then you'd let it go? Well, that's slipping the clutch.

Letting out the clutch: Just your normal driving. :)

Hopefully that's what you wanted to know, bro!
276, RE: How to launch on manuel?
Posted by SaberKhan, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Are you sure you should be launching on Manuel? How does he feel about this? You really should launch on Jose, he's a much nicer guy.
277, RE: How to launch on manuel?
Posted by xEclipsE RaceRx, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
lol oops manuel, lol, manual.
278, I wouldn't dump the clutch
Posted by VX100, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I'd keep it at about 4K, let it out (like you were driving on the street) try to modulate the gas so you don't spin the tires (spinning is bad, no traction, worse launches and 60 foot times at the drag strip) and once the car gets off the line floor it.
I generated this page in 0.010576009750366 seconds, executing 7 queries.