Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #210
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: answer to all the launch questions" Previous topic | Next topic
SaberKhanJan-10-02 09:06 PM
Old School 2GNTer
994 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#211, "RE: answer to all the launch questions"
In response to In response to 0

Drive shaft? Anyhow. Truthfully, slipping the clutch is probably more damaging than just dropping it. But think about it, a clutch is a wear and tear item. Also, some tire spin is necessary to attain a good 60ft. With my 2.1 second 60ft's, I dont think anyone here is gonna argue with me. I say drop the tire pressure down to around 18psi. First, rev to between 3500-4000 and just drop the clutch. If you bog, raise the launch speed. If you spin wildly, lower it. By lowering the tire pressure youre creating a wider contact patch, and because the tire has less air, it creates that rubber band effect that you see slicks doing. It worked for me, and I have some pretty good numbers to show for it. *shrug*

91 awd: 60-1, 880's, E-Prom, etc.
93 awd: JDM 6 bolt, K&N, full exhaust, Wally 255, otherwise stock.

R.I.P. the original "Factory Freak"
15.5's with short ram and catback only
1996 RS 5-speed

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

answer to all the launch questions [View all] , Twiste, Jan-10-02 01:00 PM
  RE: answer to all the launch questions, SaberKhan, Jan-10-02 09:06 PM #1

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #210 Previous topic | Next topic