Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #210
View in linear mode

Subject: "answer to all the launch questions" Previous topic | Next topic
TwisteJan-10-02 01:00 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2644 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#210, "answer to all the launch questions"

I have started practicing my launch in my car...and here is what i have found.

If you follow what it says on the website here it says to rev to 3000 and drop the clutch. First off this is bad on the clutch cause I have already shattered one. Second it is bad on the drive shaft and tires obviously. Not only this, you spin your tires way too much and lose valuable seconds whether racing against the clock or a person. I have lost a many race using that technique. If you want to do a phat burnout then that is the way to go. Another way was to rev to 4000 and slip it then drop it. That is also severe on the clutch if you dont know how to do it right and even worse on the drive shaft. So i started practicing with lower RPM levels. I have found that reving to 2000 RPM quickly...instead of holding there...and then dropping the clutch is one of the best ways to do it. It still spins the tires (very little) but u get better traction, and isnt as harmful on the clutch. Another way is to start out in second if u are on flat ground. Our second gear gets up and goes.

I hope I answered anyones question about how to launch in a manual Eclipse. Try this and it should give you a much better hole shot.

2003 Acura RSX Type-S
15.042 @ 93.06
Devon
Creator of one of the longest and most controversial posts in 2gnt history...
http://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=38&topic_id=112462&mesg_id=112462&page=

Originally posted by KaptainMyke
this is the greatest topic posting i have ever seen, in my entire life on the internet.

great story
great attempt at racism
dino goes batshit
i spilt my juice
i can't see my keyboard to type

this is great.

Originally posted by nappyjim
make sure you let her know what the dillyo is. just tell her you was the peanut butter and she was the jelly and that night, God decided to make a peanut butter n jelly sandwhich. But let her know God dont eat peanut butter and jelly sandwhiches everyday.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

answer to all the launch questions [View all] , Twiste, Jan-10-02 01:00 PM
  RE: answer to all the launch questions, SaberKhan, Jan-10-02 09:06 PM, #1

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #210 Previous topic | Next topic