Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #115
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: how do we drift in our cars?" Previous topic | Next topic
HadesOmegaDec-16-01 03:26 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4529 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#116, "RE: how do we drift in our cars?"
In response to In response to 0

Haha lots of drift question now, maybe there should be a seperate forum hehe.. 2GNT Drft! ^_^

I've been drifting my car ever since I was NA. You don't need a turbo to drift, it just helps spin the wheels, like the power won't bog down so much.

If you asked this question in a drift board you get some crap about "FFs can't drift, they don't drift the ass drag!" hehe I know cuz it's happened to me

Ok here is HadesOmega's Drift tutorial #2. In a FR you can do a whole lotta different types of drifts because you have power going to the rear, so FRs drifting ability is better than FFs. With FR you can drift long time, hehe but I have yet to drift a LSD equiped FF car so I may be wrong. Gotta drive a type R and drift it mwahaha!

But this doens't mean we can't drift. One way is by what I mentioned in the earlier post. Using the ebrake while gassing. Your back will swing out and the front tires begin to spin because you're putting too much strees on them so you countersteer to control the sidewayzness (haha made up a new word! ).

Another kind of drift you can do is Left Foot Braking drift. It's really cool cuz it doesn't slow your car down and Left foot braking is a technique that is best suited to FF cars. What you do is simply brake with your left foot as you going into a corner and all the weight will transfer to the front of the car thus lightening the rear and the intertia makes the tail swing out. It's cool because it looks like your drifting an AWD car, as AWD cars that drift tend to be drifting but don't require any countersteer unless they're going extremely sidewayz. Left foot brake requires lots of inertia though, hehe I did it with 2 peeps in my back seat one time hehe.

There is the dirt drop drift now. This one is kinda hard and depends on the situation. While taking a corner you aim for your back tires to hit the dirt/gravel (if applicable) and the back will slide out, it's a rally technique just in case your wondering. FR drivers actually use this technique also.

Another rally style drift is when you drive over a bump (at a moderate speed) you turn the wheel before you go into it and when you hit the ground it'll drift.

Ahhh drift is sooo cool isn't it, the fastest way in rally is drift. Sometimes drifting is faster than gripping as well. Now remember practice drifting in a safe place and have plenty of crap tires to waste

http://www.hadesomega.info -car specz and movies 95 Eclipse RS | 76' 280Z | 89' MR2 | 99 Neon | 91 Zephyr
Who sez FF can't drift?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

how do we drift in our cars? [View all] , Amish_Eclipse, Dec-16-01 02:12 PM
  RE: how do we drift in our cars?, HadesOmega, Dec-16-01 03:26 PM #1
RE: how do we drift in our cars?, LunarEclipse, Dec-16-01 09:54 PM, #2
      RE: how do we drift in our cars?, SonicYan, Dec-17-01 09:33 AM, #3
           RE: how do we drift in our cars?, HadesOmega, Dec-18-01 06:59 PM, #4
                RE: how do we drift in our cars?, TeamMichael_97RS, Dec-22-01 05:14 PM, #5
                     RE: how do we drift in our cars?, HadesOmega, Dec-29-01 03:07 PM, #6

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #115 Previous topic | Next topic