Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #8652
View in linear mode

Subject: "Enclosure Question! Math Involved.. Is This Correct?" Previous topic | Next topic
EclipseTenzoRApr-04-04 05:41 PM
Member since Nov 09th 2003
2386 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#8652, "Enclosure Question! Math Involved.. Is This Correct?"

Ok! So I have started to plan out my enclosure and figure out the volume and the measurements needed to make my subs perform as they are intended.

The Alpine 10" Type R calls for .65 cu/ft volume per sub

The Thickness of the MDF wood is going to be 3/4"or (.75) Thick

So the measurement I have come up with to accumulate a single sub using a calculator from Carstereo.com is L=8" H=15" W="14.3
(Question- Length is Depth?)

The Measurement to contain 2 of these subs would obviouslly be double making the box in Width which would be 28.6"

I was thinking about seperating the subs in different chambers so should I just add a 3/4" piece of MDF at 14.3 dead even with the center of the width of the box.

Anyway I know this is alot of math and it took me alot of time, so I'm hoping maybe someone can breeze over this really fast and let me know if this all sounds correct.. This is especially a call out to Josh because you always know the answers and are always a big help to my questions.

Thanks In Advance
Mike

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Enclosure Question! Math Involved.. Is This Correct? [View all] , EclipseTenzoR, Apr-04-04 05:41 PM
  RE: Enclosure Question! Math Involved.. Is This Correct?, SPL_Eclipse, Apr-04-04 06:37 PM, #1
RE: Enclosure Question! Math Involved.. Is This Correct?, EclipseTenzoR, Apr-04-04 06:45 PM, #2
      RE: Enclosure Question! Math Involved.. Is This Correct?, SPL_Eclipse, Apr-04-04 06:55 PM, #3
           RE: Enclosure Question! Math Involved.. Is This Correct?, EclipseTenzoR, Apr-04-04 07:08 PM, #4
                RE: Enclosure Question! Math Involved.. Is This Correct?, EclipseTenzoR, Apr-04-04 10:05 PM, #5
                     RE: Enclosure Question! Math Involved.. Is This Correct?, SPL_Eclipse, Apr-05-04 07:49 AM, #6
                          RE: Enclosure Question! Math Involved.. Is This Correct?, EclipseTenzoR, Apr-05-04 02:24 PM, #7
                               RE: Enclosure Question! Math Involved.. Is This Correct?, SPL_Eclipse, Apr-05-04 03:22 PM, #8
                                    RE: Enclosure Question! Math Involved.. Is This Correct?, EclipseTenzoR, Apr-06-04 12:49 PM, #9
                                         RE: Enclosure Question! Math Involved.. Is This Correct?, SPL_Eclipse, Apr-06-04 03:06 PM, #10
                                              RE: Enclosure Question! Math Involved.. Is This Correct?, EclipseTenzoR, Apr-07-04 08:49 AM, #11
                                                   RE: Enclosure Question! Math Involved.. Is This Correct?, SPL_Eclipse, Apr-07-04 01:21 PM, #12
                                                        RE: Enclosure Question! Math Involved.. Is This Correct?, EclipseTenzoR, Apr-11-04 07:55 AM, #13

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #8652 Previous topic | Next topic