Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #8545
View in linear mode

Subject: "alpine amp owners." Previous topic | Next topic
JourneyskiMar-22-04 09:38 PM
Old School 2GNTer
147 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#8545, "alpine amp owners."

i just bought a used alpine amp from a buddy for $150. its the mrv-f353 or something close to that. it's a v12 5 channel amp. Here is my problem and any suggestions would be great. I hooked up the amp today (spent the money on a good wiring kit). Hooked up all the rca cables, power and speaker connections. only channel 2, 3 and 4 worked perfect. channel 1 the - connections seams to have gone bad, i can still bridge channel 1 and 2(+1, -2). channel 5 (sub channel) has alot of static and no real bass coming from it. When i just run channel five i can hear a little bass, but the static is over powering. I have hooked up many systems before so iknow my wiring is right. Is their an internal fuse or grounding going on, maybe some sorrosion or a good cleaning is in order. Or in your opion am i just screwed and should try to have the thing serviced. Hopefully it won't cost alot.

josh

98 GS, it's a work in progress. http://monkeywrench.mesanetworks.net

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

alpine amp owners. [View all] , Journeyski, Mar-22-04 09:38 PM
  RE: alpine amp owners., a_miller_76, Mar-23-04 03:16 AM, #1
RE: alpine amp owners., Journeyski, Mar-23-04 08:52 AM, #2
      RE: alpine amp owners., foggy45, Mar-23-04 05:24 PM, #3

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #8545 Previous topic | Next topic