Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #8545
View in linear mode

Subject: "alpine amp owners." Previous topic | Next topic
JourneyskiMar-22-04 09:38 PM
Old School 2GNTer
147 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#8545, "alpine amp owners."

i just bought a used alpine amp from a buddy for $150. its the mrv-f353 or something close to that. it's a v12 5 channel amp. Here is my problem and any suggestions would be great. I hooked up the amp today (spent the money on a good wiring kit). Hooked up all the rca cables, power and speaker connections. only channel 2, 3 and 4 worked perfect. channel 1 the - connections seams to have gone bad, i can still bridge channel 1 and 2(+1, -2). channel 5 (sub channel) has alot of static and no real bass coming from it. When i just run channel five i can hear a little bass, but the static is over powering. I have hooked up many systems before so iknow my wiring is right. Is their an internal fuse or grounding going on, maybe some sorrosion or a good cleaning is in order. Or in your opion am i just screwed and should try to have the thing serviced. Hopefully it won't cost alot.

josh

98 GS, it's a work in progress. http://monkeywrench.mesanetworks.net

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

a_miller_76Mar-23-04 03:16 AM
Donating 2GNT member
9515 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#8546, "RE: alpine amp owners."
In response to Reply # 0
Mar-23-04 03:19 AM by a_miller_76

Brand new on eBay MRV-F450 Five Channel Amp $269.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3086044522&category=39740

Never buy used amps from friends withouth hearing them brother. It will cost you more to get it serviced than it's worth. Alpine charges out the ASS for their service. I was gonna get my headunit looked at but they wanted $300...fuck that. I'll just ride this one into the ground.

Edit: The MRV-F353 series is Very old. I haven't seen that series amp in 4 years. I think you got screwed buddy. Hate to tell ya

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

JourneyskiMar-23-04 08:52 AM
Old School 2GNTer
147 posts,
#8552, "RE: alpine amp owners."
In response to Reply # 1

thanks for the info on the amp on ebay, when i bought the amp my buddy said he had proplems getting it to work. but he figured he didn't hook it up right or didn't know what he was doing. the amp really just cost me $50 and wipe clean an old $100.00 debt. i can still use it for my interior speakers. i have another old amp that i can use for my subs. i can run this setup until i get my tax return check on friday and then buy a new amp and figure something else out for my car audio. thanks for the info on alpine repair costs.

josh

98 GS, it's a work in progress. http://monkeywrench.mesanetworks.net

foggy45Mar-23-04 05:24 PM
Member since Dec 28th 2003
1032 posts,
#8557, "RE: alpine amp owners."
In response to Reply # 2

first check ground and power conections on the amp AND the car itself.
second chech that the amp, speakers, and RCA's are wired in phase especially if you have a dual voice coil sub.
next try the onboard crossover and gain settings.
if your deck has an internal crossover or time corection processor check that that is tuned correctly.
if all else fails replace the inline fuses and amp fuse then open the amp and ckeck it out.
might just need some compressed air to clean it or maybe there is a loose internal wire. (grab a multimeter)

might not hurt to contact Alpine on it if nothing seems to work.

ever since my first deck ive never bought anything besides alpine, i hate to see someone have problems with such an awsome line of products.

hope this helped

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #8545 Previous topic | Next topic