Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #7237
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: What alarm system would you recommend." Previous topic | Next topic
Teameclipse804Oct-03-03 01:54 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5174 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#7269, "RE: What alarm system would you recommend."
In response to In response to 9
Oct-03-03 01:56 PM by eclipse804

Quote>I also have the responder, and am a DEI installer. Its a>great system. DEI has new product coming out, and the new ones>have a built in turbo timer, if you ever go that route. Also,>they have newer looking remotes, and bit smaller. You cant go>wrong with DEI. Do you have any idea why Clifford doesn't make a 2 way paging system with their Intelliguard or Avantguard line? I really like the Intelliguard series, especially with the anti-carjacking and coded valet. With the new supreme court ruling that you're responsible if someone steals your car because you left the keys in the car, it's reassuring to know that if someone just jumps in my car, it will turn itself off down the block. I was debating between the Viper 790xv or the Intelliguard 7000 and went with the Intelliguard because it has more features and is made by Clifford. I also like how you can directly wire it up to honk both the stock horn and Clifford siren, as well as built-in turbo timer. The new Viper 791xv and Clifford Matrix RSX3.5 have the built-in turbo timer (if only I had waited). I guess in summary, I would say go with Clifford Intelliguard or the Matrix RSX3.5 since I believe the matrix uses more clifford sensors/parts.
Not sure on that one. I should know, seeing as I just went to a DEI trannng seminar :o But to clairfy the anti carjacking, it wont shut the car off while its in use, if your car gets jacked, when the theif turns it off, it activates the starter kill, and cannot be started again. DEI now has a sweet GPS tracking system available though. Its badass. You can track your car to anywhere in the country, lock/unlock your car, and lots of other features. I think its like 10 bucks a month or something, with differnt "plans" you can purchase.

Actually, the Clifford anti-carjacking does shut the car off while it's in use. I've tested it out a few times =). Basically, once the door closes and you start driving (rpm sensing) you have 20 seconds to enter a code, or else the siren starts going off, and the parking lights flash. Then as this is going on, once you slow down to stop or make a turn, it shuts the car off completely. Then, the only way to get the siren to stop and the car to start again is to have the key in the "on" position and enter your secret valet code. It's coded so you can have thousands of combinations for your valet code. I really like this feature because now I don't worry about leaving the keys in the car and running back in the house real quick etc.

Also, not sure if Viper has this, but the Intelliguard has rpm-sensing door locks, so mine is set not to lock the door until I drive up to 2500 rpms. This way, I can start the car first, and then let passengers in without the car automatically locking the doors once I start it.

2004 WRX - WR Blue Pearl
1997 Eclipse GS - Royal Sapphire Pearl

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

What alarm system would you recommend. [View all] , solareclipse98, Sep-26-03 07:18 AM

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #7237 Previous topic | Next topic